Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
How does Tom injure his hamstring 26 days ago on March 31st (and it certainly didn’t appear to be a major tear, he played for a while after the incident and didn’t even ice it after the game) and still be 10-12 weeks away? What am I missing here?

I thought I read 8-10 in this weeks injury report? Not holding my breath though...

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
How does Tom injure his hamstring 26 days ago on March 31st (and it certainly didn’t appear to be a major tear, he played for a while after the incident and didn’t even ice it after the game) and still be 10-12 weeks away? What am I missing here?
Had surgery on the tendon? What are you on about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Others such as Craig can probably answer far better than me, but it was the tendon that is torn, not the muscle. Tendon tear is far worse than the actual muscle.

Tendons take far longer to heal, hence the surgery.

Gibcus tore the tendon completely from the bone.

Wouldn't surprise if we didn't see him again this year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Well, yeah. It’s not good. But if Lloyd could come back from it and still play very well hopefully Lynch can too. Trying to stay positive….

His age and other injuries are factors though. Geez.

Richo said on the Talking Tigers podcast that Lynch's injury is similar to the one he had.

Below is the report at the time and article also referred to the Lloyd injury:

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tom having that shot at goal from 50 out on the boundary wouldn't have done him much good. It was a tendon behind his knee, so he probably didn't realise that it was hamstring related.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Carried a massive load in that Swans game worked his arse off, off bugger all pre-season work and no games last year.
Pure fatigue last few minutes and twang, needed a longer training block obviously for the workload he carried - hindsight for me, but the money experts should have FORESIGHT

Reactions: 3 users