Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
You know one of the funniest things I read. When the Hawks were the unsociable Hawks you never saw Buddy or Roughead sniping behind play. I'll give them Roughie, but Buddy???? Seriously??? He played to hurt people, add others like Lewis, that was their game.

Was always Shoving and throwing people to the ground , running past the ball to bump

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Well bugger me, watching on Fox Footy just a minute ago, they were actually balanced and very impressed with the Tiges and the way they played. Jono Brown even going as far to say that the Lynch incident was the most overplayed incident of the year. I've had to go and get a beer to settle myself down, I don't seem to cope with balanced analysis anymore

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Well bugger me, watching on Fox Footy just a minute ago, they were actually balanced and very impressed with the Tiges and the way they played. Jono Brown even going as far to say that the Lynch incident was the most overplayed incident of the year. I've had to go and get a beer to settle myself down, I don't seem to cope with balanced analysis anymore

I'm glad Brown said that, compare the Lynch overplaying of the knee, to Hawkins elbow last week?? How many times was that actually replayed?

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just watched some highlights and it was unbelievable how many times Lynch was involved in out goals. Whether it was Smashing the pack, rucking and following up, smothering opponent ball and dishing out, or winning the ground ball in a pack, he was everywhere. Absolute champ, no wonder opposition supporters are upset, many were upset that we were able to recruit him. I have no doubt if he played against Brisbane in that form we would have won easy.

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Overblown because it is Lynch. The Saints player didn't make a meal of the act and just got up to play. If you watch the match again in fact any match you will see similar incidences that could be cited but they are ignored other than a free. A media lynching of Lynch

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Lynch was still an idiot for doing what he did. His actions are so hot right now that he's very lucky the Saints player didn't flinch. If it was Dangerfield there would have been screams, holding of head, death rolls etc. Then Lynch would have been rubbed out.

Play aggressive, play on the line, but don't be *smile* stupid.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lynch was still an idiot for doing what he did. His actions are so hot right now that he's very lucky the Saints player didn't flinch. If it was Dangerfield there would have been screams, holding of head, death rolls etc. Then Lynch would have been rubbed out.

Play aggressive, play on the line, but don't be *smile* stupid.

Howard was really good, not to do a Hurley and grab his face.
Like you said he wouldve been suspended guaranteed

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
If the club ever need extra motivation to win the GF, this is it.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I can't believe people are still going on about this non event. Was fined as expected for the AFL Gillon end of year party and time to move on.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dumbest thing Matthews has ever said. Said it wasn't worth a suspension but should go to the Tribunal. Didn't think he'd be a fan of pantomime.
Mathews probably should have been banned for life for a cowardly king hit. I like Mathews but he's probably not one who should be making those sort of judgement calls.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Mathews probably should have been banned for life for a cowardly king hit. I like Mathews but he's probably not one who should be making those sort of judgement calls.
You have to wonder what would happen to a player these days if they smashed someone's jaw into 4 pieces in a drive by king hit.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I broke my own rule to stay clear of the media this week, right after having made it because I wanted to hear if Robinson was on 3aw at midday and if anyone would challenge him on his garbage cheating tweet.

He wasn't on but I know one thing for sure Tim Lane has become a full on hater..... Matthew Lloyd, believe it or not said he loves us at the moment and the passion we show and particularly how hard Lynch is hitting packs.....!

The one that really had me baffled was the bloke who I believe was charged by police for his on field actions and great player tho he was, and he hit blokes fair and square down the middle when that stuff was acceptable. .... he also kinged his share of players when they least expected it!

Anyway. .... it's a bit late now but Leigh Matthews said Lynch should be sent straight to the tribunal:rolleyes:

Leigh Matthews, what a flaming joke, he was one of the dirtiest snipingest players I've ever seen in the game. He should just shut the "smile" up & thank goodness he played in the era he did. If he played now he would never get on the park.
Neville Bruns says hi ya flog

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I don’t mind listening to those 3 , call it as they see it

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I can't believe people are still going on about this non event. Was fined as expected for the AFL Gillon end of year party and time to move on.

If you tell someone the earth is flat enough times they start to believe it ,

It’s happening right across the board in media on all topics ,

Fake news is a real thing unfortunately

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Lynchy can't afford to come under the microscope for any matters arising during the PF. If he does something similar to a few of the things that have been highlighted in the media during the course of the season, then there will be some very loud calls for him to be suspended and miss the GF.
Just kick a bag against Port, Lynchy, and that will be the best way to shut the out the noise.