Mark Coughlan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mark Coughlan

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I don't know how most of your teammates can look you in the eye :'(.

That last quarter was one of the best performances by a single player I have ever seen.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Coughlan your the only player who can hold his head up. Busts his nuts off for nothing. All of his team mates should take a good long look at how Cogs goes about his footy.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
If Coughlan doesn't get some decent support in the midfield and around the ground he will be a walking injury when he's 25.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
cogs is definetly future captain, no doubt about it!

apparently he got 32 disposals today.....thats awesome. i was there today, and he was inspirational. well done, cogs! definetly best player in our team at the moment! :) if everyone else in the team could play half as good as him, we'd be in with a chance!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Despite his great efforts yesterday and this year in General I don't think Cogs is just ready for this captaincy talk just yet.

He is basically in his second year at the elite level and still needs time to develop. He should be allowed to concentrate on his football at the moment.

Having said that I reckon he will be a great leader in the future.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Cogs, and to a lesser extent, Rodan - I was proud to watch you guys put it on the line yesterday.

Cogs is a f****** champ, and he must be so pissed off with his pea heart team mates, esp that cat Bowden.

Good to see that Cogs was one of Danny's "the years over lets give the young guys a go" projects.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
TigerFurious said:
If Coughlan doesn't get some decent support in the midfield and around the ground he will be a walking injury when he's 25.
But will be with a SA or WA club by then why would he renew next time when he can go home and play a TEAM game .With a team that plays with heart.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
being a coughlan fan for over a year now, i have high hopes of him. i always thought that he would definetly be a future captain, but i have come to realise that yes, he is not ready to fill the captaincy position yet, as much as i would love him to do, because he is still inexperienced in that field. he's only 21. give him another year, and yes, maybe captaincy talks will be on the board, but at the moment, let him develop more as a player, instead of throwing him in the deep end straight away. he is definetly a player of the future - we'll see a lot of this guy in the future.

if you watched him yesterday against geelong, you would have seen his best on ground performance. he was inspirational - imagine what he'll be like once he has developed more! :) he's gonna be a great leader in the future!!!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
CIS24, Cogs is one man who gives us hope for the future.

By 2007, def Captain material. A real Michael Voss in that it is "do as i do" not a "do as i say"

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
We shouldn't expect too much from Cogs for the rest of the season.
He'll be the general of our midfield and will cop some pretty heavy tagging.
I just hope his young body isn't battered too much when the results really don't matter that much now.
Onya Cogs, a shining light in a very ordinary season.

S

Skyfire

rosy3 said:
We shouldn't expect too much from Cogs for the rest of the season.
He'll be the general of our midfield and will cop some pretty heavy tagging.
I just hope his young body isn't battered too much when the results really don't matter that much now.
Onya Cogs, a shining light in a very ordinary season.

According to someone on TT who seems to be in the know his groin is still not good and he is only playing
because there are not many other options.

Time to rest him before he develops full blown OP.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
Good to see that Cogs was one of Danny's "the years over lets give the young guys a go" projects.

LOL - So funny yet so amusing

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Rampaging Richo said:
Cogs is a f****** champ, and he must be so p!ssed off with his pea heart team mates, esp that cat Bowden.

Out of the 20 half assed players on the field, playing a half assed game, why single Bowdo out for gods sake? I would have to say that game against Geelong wasnt his worst effort ive seen, and i would say there was a couple of players worse then Bowdo on that field on Saturday.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Skyfire said:
According to someone on TT who seems to be in the know his groin is still not good and he is only playing
because there are not many other options.

Time to rest him before he develops full blown OP.

Skyfire also read that and hope it is not true.

Also someone on TT reckons Cogs is overated and had an average game yesterday. Well if that was an average game I will really be happy when he has a good one.

There was some criticism of his efforts in the first half, but I think as was rightly pointed out he didn't have to much help in the first half and it was only after half that time that we had our best midfielder actually in the middle.
Gerard HEALY also commented that he couldn't understand why Cogs was benched at around the 13 minute mark of both the 1st and 2nd quarter when he was clearly our leading light in the midfield.

Just hope this is not an indication that there maybe some truth to the rumour that he is carrying a bit of a groin injury which is restricting in on the rightside.

If it is true he should be rested now and allowed to recover and give the opportunity to some of the other young guys to step up ala Cogs last year.