Mark Coughlan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mark Coughlan

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
yeah, no wonder he's playing with an injury - he's the only one thats playing for our team!

if it weren't for him on saturday, it would've been a 100 point loss, surely

and he is so not overrated - how come he's produced such good football week in week out? that's pathetic, saying that he is overrated. he is a quality midfielder, with so much to offer.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
cogs_is_sexy24 said:
- he's the only one thats playing for our team!

i

That's rubbish and an insult to other players. Can you honestly say that guys like Chaff and AK for eg don't give 100% every week?
Out of interest do you actually barrack for Richmond, or just for Cogs?

I only ask that because we've had someone who only follows Joel and someone who thinks Richo is all there is to Richmond, so your name made me wonder. :)

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Coughlan is a superstar. In the room before the game he has to be settled down by the coaching staff because he is that passionate and hard in his committment to the football. Alot of the other players need to take a leaf out of his book.

As for this crap that has reared its head in the papers today for a swap of Chris Judd for Cougas, Richmond would need to be examined if they let that happened. Judd is a superstar, as is Coughlan, but Mark aint had two shoulder reconstructions.

Bless you Mark

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Richmond should stay well away from Judd. Great player but how is giving up someone like Cogs and/or a couple of draft picks going to improve our list?

Richmond's list is very ordinary and needs major changes. Trading draft picks and players for someone like Judd is not going to improve our depth and will only raise false hope in supporters only to have them dashed again. The club need to look long term and draft kids and lots of them. We should only be trading for undervalued players and bargins eg Cameron.

But if we had the right coach they would do this anyway :)

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Disagree here TF. We could trade plenty of quality for JUDD without giving away any draft picks.

Lets start with Pettifer (1st round draft pick), Fiora (1st round draft pick), Biddiscombe (highly payed and valued member or RFC), and I'd even throw in KING and MILLS for free.

Sounds like a great trade to me hey!

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
TigersGoddess said:
Cogs is a star, no doubt. He was at the Coburg game today. Saw him in the car park after the game. I wanted to offer him a lift but dad said no
roll.gif
Fathers can be such a pain at times. ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
gustiger12 said:
Oh and by the way I forgot to mention Cogs should be one of the few untouchables come trade time IMHO.

I think that is what Danny said on talking footy Gus. When asked by Caro about the rumour of Cogs and our number 1 draft pick - Danny said NO. Cogs is a Richmond man and player who'll be there another 10-12 years.

And he certainly isn't homesick!

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
i read that too about judd being traded for mark...i dont think that that would happen, surely, because first of all, mark's still got another year in his contract, and secondly, i have read an interview where he actually said that he wanted to carry out his whole career out at richmond. there would be no way that richmond would stupidly trade mark anyway...i could think of at least 5 blokes who need to go first!

rosy3 said:
cogs_is_sexy24 said:
- he's the only one thats playing for our team!

i

That's rubbish and an insult to other players. Can you honestly say that guys like Chaff and AK for eg don't give 100% every week?
Out of interest do you actually barrack for Richmond, or just for Cogs?

I only ask that because we've had someone who only follows Joel and someone who thinks Richo is all there is to Richmond, so your name made me wonder. :)

and by the way, rosy3, i'm not just here for mark...i happen to be a really passionate richmond supporter. yeh, maybe i was a little biased that day, but that was because i was really pissed off the way richmond played last saturday. sure, my name may suggest that i am a huge mark supporter (oh yeh, n he's really hot!!!) but i do happen to realise that he is a great player, and i also have other favourite players in the team. i love richmond, i'm at the game almost every week. soz guys, i just wanted to clear that up with rosy3. thanx! (rosy3, soz if i sounded bitchy though - didnt mean 2! :))

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I love reading how the young girls talk about their favourite Richmond players. It reminds me of how I was about 20 years ago and drooling over Michael Roach. Always gives me a bit of a chuckle!! :D

P

PuntRoadRoar

why is that dean3? do you perve on the young tigers aswell?? ;D

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Tassie27 said:
I love reading how the young girls talk about their favourite Richmond players. It reminds me of how I was about 20 years ago and drooling over Michael Roach. Always gives me a bit of a chuckle!! :D
Those were the days eh Tassie! I still remember your duffle coat.