Match Sim v Melbourne Sunday 18th February - Casey Fields 10am (Foxtel/Kayo) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Match Sim v Melbourne Sunday 18th February - Casey Fields 10am (Foxtel/Kayo)

Don't think he played as forward did he? I think he played mid

He was reasonably quiet
He went into the mid and seemed to just chase behind the play.He doesnt get a midfeild role over dusty taranto dow hopper prestia or shai .And he is not a foward flanker either as we saw last year .i cant see how i s in everyones top 22

He went into the mid and seemed to just chase behind the play.He doesnt get a midfeild role over dusty taranto dow hopper prestia or shai .And he is not a foward flanker either as we saw last year .i cant see how i s in everyones top 22
I agree he is no forward. He is probably in our best 25-26 and to me if Dow plays then Fridge doesn’t but we are sure to get injuries at some point.

Reactions: 1 user
Graham did absolutley nothing again.
He simply adds nothing as a foward .
Ive seen this a few times- I thought he was good and worked so hard. Can’t find any stats - going to watch it again and count em..!

Good to see the Skunks lose to lolnorf today. Looking forward to next Tuesday more now. One hit wonders they'll be.....match sim or not. A loss is a loss.

Reactions: 1 users
So we kick 10 goals in a row and every media pundit is playing it down because its just a practice match.

Am I missing something here?

So we kick 10 goals in a row and every media pundit is playing it down because its just a practice match.

Probably because it *is* just a practice match. North just beat Collingwood but I'm not suddenly expecting north to escape the bottom 4.

Probably because it *is* just a practice match. North just beat Collingwood but I'm not suddenly expecting north to escape the bottom 4.
I reckon they'll rise to mid-table. It's time with all those early draft picks.

They sort of saw it, with one eye partly open, squinting, but don’t want to think about it, or contemplate any sort of big bounce by the Tigers. It’s called denial.

ps. Just watched the first quarter of the Pies and Roos - low pressure circle work compared to our intense first quarter against the Dees

They sort of saw it, with one eye partly open, squinting, but don’t want to think about it, or contemplate any sort of big bounce by the Tigers. It’s called denial.

ps. Just watched the first quarter of the Pies and Roos - low pressure circle work compared to our intense first quarter against the Dees
Commentator said the Skunks used the 3rd and 4th quarters to play coming from behind scenarios.......so, it didn't work this time!

it seems all the seasons are changing

it used to be "beware of the Ides of March"

thats probably now "beware of the Ides of Feb"

Having watched the game through a second time i feel like seth Campbells game went a little under the radar, he looks the most impressive as a high half forward i think he gets the nod for the goldcoast game, applied the most pressure and was very clean by hand and foot other than the dropped sitter in the goalsquare. Steely wasn't impressive at all without the footy quite good with it but needs to improve his chase to get a game in my eyes

Reactions: 5 users

I gotta say we got good media coverage for the win smoking. Also, they pointed out the players we had out. Overall media was fine it was just Oppo supporters
talking crapola. The age writer said it perfectly to Gerard Whately i think many are underestimating richmonds young players. They went on about our depth etc

For us Tigers fans it wasn't necessarily whether we have the talent, we do, it was can the older guys get hungry again and with Yze that's a definite.
Also, will the young players be given more chances to show their wares which again seems so, and the biggie the game plan which looks on small sample v dees back to tigers that we know pressure and speed, causing turnovers resulting in goals. I guess when we play the pies we'll know more.

I said it before and I'll say it again we are going to surprise a lot of people this year..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

This is why I was rapped that we were playing two top 4 sides from last year, dees and pies. The perfect springboard going into Round zero

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

You’ve answered your own question there.

But if it is important, remember that Toorak kicked 5 in a row without us scoring. Twice.

It’s just a sim game.

How good were Tigger and Broady against the Dees, they are crucial to our backline.
Without Grimes they become bosses back there now.

Their job is to control of the back half especially when Grimes isnt there and get the kids up to speed before they both go in the next 2-3 years.

Having watched the game through a second time i feel like seth Campbells game went a little under the radar, he looks the most impressive as a high half forward i think he gets the nod for the goldcoast game, applied the most pressure and was very clean by hand and foot other than the dropped sitter in the goalsquare. Steely wasn't impressive at all without the footy quite good with it but needs to improve his chase to get a game in my eyes
Campbell looks very positive. Hopefully stays injury free.

Reactions: 5 users