Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Coulthard was an inspired selection, one I was very nervous about. But it's proved to be astute. If we'd waited, he'd be gone before we came back to get him.

That said, we're playing with fire here a bit. He's great for a quarter, clearly playing sub because he's not ready for 4 quarters. If we get an injury in the first quarter though, I reckon it's going to hurt us. A defender will probably run him into the ground and become a weapon the other way. Don't know after our season, whether I'd be as willing to ride lady luck. May our coaches retain their sizeable cajones.

Reactions: 1 user

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Coulthard was an inspired selection, one I was very nervous about. But it's proved to be astute. If we'd waited, he'd be gone before we came back to get him.

That said, we're playing with fire here a bit. He's great for a quarter, clearly playing sub because he's not ready for 4 quarters. If we get an injury in the first quarter though, I reckon it's going to hurt us. A defender will probably run him into the ground and become a weapon the other way. Don't know after our season, whether I'd be as willing to ride lady luck. May our coaches retain their sizeable cajones.
It’s been reported that he has a huge tank… so I dont think they’re worried about him blowing up.

I think it’s more so that he is so light, and worried about him being rag dolled or buried by a bigger stronger body. A full AFL preaseason weights program should have him starting 18 next year.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Wouldn’t mind seeing him start this week & see how he looks over extended game time.
100%
Deserves a chance now and would be good to see how he goes - even if he was subbed out before the finish

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
100%
Deserves a chance now and would be good to see how he goes - even if he was subbed out before the finish
His position to read the play and snap the goal on Sunday further shows the natural feel he has for the game. Plus he has work rate & speed. We have a genuine small forward here.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Very quiet tonight but no surprise as the team overall was well below par so there was no service or support to work with.
Did the right thing when he got the ball, though, which is more than can be said for a lot of his team mates. Looks to have a high football IQ.

Reactions: 4 users