Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
The stats will show he did nothing, but he continued to repeat lead in the forward line and be ignored.

Reactions: 4 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
The stats will show he did nothing, but he continued to repeat lead in the forward line and be ignored.
Not his role to get the pill? Playing the decoy role? According to some on here it is about getting out of the way, creating space, dragging your man out, and then guarding the exits.
That was what Mansell was a star at, the educated on here told me.
Not about numbers and goals

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d rather he stay in for the remaining 2 games and get in sync with Ryan and Bauer , however going back to a wing in the VFL won’t do him any harm anyway .

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
A bit down on previous but then he is raw and just learning the game at a high level. An instinctive player who we have to persevere with and see him grow

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was an incident that totally pissed me off, when Jaaack had the ball wide about 70 from goal and Coulthard dialed up the DRS and went on a long solo run past Jaaack into our forward fifty calling for the receive. Got completely ignored and Jaaack instead waited then went long to Dusty who had two St Kiddenme's hovering n waiting to shut him down.
Just a pure example of how poor our decision making was all game. Never before seen our mob so completely bereft of decision making over and over again. Blokes taking off before they had any idea of what option was available, or who was clambering all over them. Other blokes shuffling between the first, second, third or even fourth option and then simply disintegrating into utter ineptness.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Was an incident that totally pissed me off, when Jaaack had the ball wide about 70 from goal and Coulthard dialed up the DRS and went on a long solo run past Jaaack into our forward fifty calling for the receive. Got completely ignored and Jaaack instead waited then went long to Dusty who had two St Kiddenme's hovering n waiting to shut him down.
Just a pure example of how poor our decision making was all game. Never before seen our mob so completely bereft of decision making over and over again. Blokes taking off before they had any idea of what option was available, or who was clambering all over them. Other blokes shuffling between the first, second, third or even fourth option and then simply disintegrating into utter ineptness.
That was the one where Jack remonstrated with the umpire asking for 50 rather than looking ahead to Coulthard? Shocker.

Reactions: 6 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Yep. Kick to the jumper-not the man.

Reactions: 2 users