Matt Coulthard | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matt Coulthard

From the clip, the fav by far for Leysy was the final play.

The clean pickup off his bootlaces under oncoming pressure, spin out of trouble then left handed handball hits the target.

Class. Come players just have it.

Could prove an inspired pick from a mid-season draft the club were torn shreds for on here.

Reactions: 7 users
"They don't pay that anymore"......to Richmond.
Hehe.
But i think to be fair its a clear change. Theres 80% less holding the ball. In all games to all sides. Obviously the AFL think its a better look. Its surprised the players who still stop and wait for the obvious free to be given ... play on!

It doesnt help us, with Hopper Taranto in tight we should get more htb.

Reactions: 1 user
I think its at the 4:35 min mark of the third quarter?

Anyway I amatuerishly chopped up some highlights from his first quarter and a bit of footy:

Youtube kept blocking for copyright no matter how short i trimmed each section.

Hmm, really liking that see ball get ball strategy he seems to have.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
The Colt certainly has got some tricks. I think it was his last VFL game, he stripped, or at least tried to strip the ball in a tackle, like you see them do in Rugby league.
I'm not comparing him to Shai, but I can see similar traits, I've got a real good feeling about the lad.

Reactions: 3 users
I think its at the 4:35 min mark of the third quarter?

Anyway I amatuerishly chopped up some highlights from his first quarter and a bit of footy:

Youtube kept blocking for copyright no matter how short i trimmed each section.
Thanks for making this amazing clip Jason. Watching it live I was mesmerised by his initial classic tackle, then his ball-bouncing technique under pressure. First time he got possession, the state of the game, our season on the line, crowd noise etc. I’ve never seen anyone do it so well.

Cometh the time, cometh the man, cometh the Colt.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I reckon the MC will be conservative on their use of him for the rest of the season. The lad certainly has something on his first outing so a full preseason will, hopefully, give us a further attacking option

Reactions: 4 users
Looked more dangerous near goal in 55 seconds than Mansell in 2 hours

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Setting up goals one week, kicking goals the next , if that dosent get him sent back to the VFL nothing will .

Seriously we need his pace at Marvel against the Bulldogs

Reactions: 5 users
Reckon Colt might have the scope to eventually be a midfielder, would love to see him and Shai changing out of the pocket.

Reactions: 1 user
Time to take the training wheels off the kid and let him loose.

Can play so let him.

Reactions: 4 users