Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
dou mean pace height aggression & tackling arent an issue?
weve got plenty that ry it - theyre just 5'10" medium paced & brushed off
& his kicking is not atrocious...ifit was elite he wouldnt have been traded
Kicking I'm talking about to many in our side.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looking forward to see Hunnid next year after a pre-season with us.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We picked him up in the mid-season draft. We can't expect a gun player with no flaws. Last year he played 2 games for Saints 7 and 6 disposals. Has never had 19 disposals before. Has never had 8 tackles. I've been quite impressed by his progress, playing so soon after joining to learn the game plan. Think he'll continue to improve, however probably line ball whether he'd make our top 22 with no injuries.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We picked him up in the mid-season draft. We can't expect a gun player with no flaws. Last year he played 2 games for Saints 7 and 6 disposals. Has never had 19 disposals before. Has never had 8 tackles. I've been quite impressed by his progress, playing so soon after joining to learn the game plan. Think he'll continue to improve, however probably line ball whether he'd make our top 22 with no injuries.
I reckon he's at the Dash Kam level.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Never really played up the ground at St.Kilda. Reckon his kicking can be fixed, think he attempts a bit too much at this stage, nervous energy.

Just looks like an improver with a pre-season and a bit more focus. Might be an Emma Murray candidate.

Reactions: 9 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
When Parker is your leading goal kicker in a game you know your forward line is dysfunctional

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
If he can get a tank and start marking overhead instead of trying to take everything on his chest, I’d like to see a rolling half forward/wing role. Worth a full season.

Reactions: 2 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Too early to write off yet ffs. Give him a pre season first…always been just a 15-25 best player anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Despite a couple of goals, I still see why the Saints delisted him. A trier but that is not enough to win games
This. In a list that is littered with these types im not sure we can afford another. We need to get past players that simply try. That worked well for our old game plan. Parker in 2017-2020 would have been a handy addition. Parker moving forward not so much. In saying that if we could keep him on the list for cheap and hes a player around the 30 mark on the list then id look at it. If hes in our best 22 next year then we are in deep trouble

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
When Parker is your leading goal kicker in a game you know your forward line is dysfunctional
I agree our fwd line isn't working, but don't agree on Parker, could have kicked 4. Not bad now and a lot of potential IMO.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This. In a list that is littered with these types im not sure we can afford another. We need to get past players that simply try. That worked well for our old game plan. Parker in 2017-2020 would have been a handy addition. Parker moving forward not so much. In saying that if we could keep him on the list for cheap and hes a player around the 30 mark on the list then id look at it. If hes in our best 22 next year then we are in deep trouble
He's not just a trier, he has X-factor and potential, which is the polar opposite of a trier.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
He's not just a trier, he has X-factor and potential, which is the polar opposite of a trier.
Sorry but x-factor doesnt miss shots feom 15 out straight in front. MRJ is X factor. Stack oozes xfactor. Not Parker. Hes just a taller more athletic version of George

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah. Not sure. Thought he might’ve been ok but starting to think we’ve gotta get better than this. Too many guys who can’t execute right now.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Sorry but x-factor doesnt miss shots feom 15 out straight in front. MRJ is X factor. Stack oozes xfactor. Not Parker. Hes just a taller more athletic version of George
come on duc, everyone was missing sodas, and he's been here 5 minutes. He also kicked a couple.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
come on duc, everyone was missing sodas, and he's been here 5 minutes. He also kicked a couple.
Look not saying he was terrible today. He was better then many. Just saying moving forward if players like Parker are in our best 22 we will struggle. Parker types need to be depth. He is not much different to Townsend. Might as well have kept him

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Look not saying he was terrible today. He was better then many. Just saying moving forward if players like Parker are in our best 22 we will struggle. Parker types need to be depth. He is not much different to Townsend. Might as well have kept him
Way more extrovert than Towner. Either way, he's good depth.