Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.this wont please many here but has everything jack doesnt now
.at 188 acceleration & endurance, tackle mania, fast twitch, can leap & land, ball retention & presentation pressure
.perfect complement to noah & newly mobile lynch...fwd line reinvented
.under rated kick

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Dow the only forced change. How far away is Grimes and vlas and Dusty?
In the presser Dimma thought Prestia could be available next week. I’d be giving him another week or three!

• Wow

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
.this wont please many here but has everything jack doesnt now
.at 188 acceleration & endurance, tackle mania, fast twitch, can leap & land, ball retention & presentation pressure
.perfect complement to noah & newly mobile lynch...fwd line reinvented
.under rated kick
I wasn’t going to say it….. but… I couldn’t help but think the same watching it live today. we looked dynamic and quick across the ground.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
last year Matt P had people here howling with some easy misses at goal and plenty of grumbling about his skills and decision making

seemingly in response, a small clip of him slotting goals from the boundary was released
I think a hint the club wouldn't have got him if he had "no skills" and was as useless as tits ....

I love his work ethic , bit like Mitch Robinson Lions , will his disposal efficiency get to an acceptable level ?
I dont know and cant predict , I hope he gets a run of a few games now so he can settle into a role and we can assess

in the meantime, which ever side youre in , go Matty , rip in :)

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah……nah

Still not convinced players of Parkers skill will lift us back up the ladder.

I liked his first half yesterday but need to see more, much more.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Played well but he has to convert those goals from 25-30 out critical miss in the the first half would've put more scoreboard pressure on them.

He also gifted them a charity goal from another cheap 50 m penalty.

Players cant be giving away 50 m penalties and goals, now moreso than ever.

Josh Caddy gave a few away that night against Port in 2020 and his career has nigh on evaporated after that night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Still not a fan of Parker and think he is fairly limited as an AFL player but he did good yesterday especially in the first half and took the fight to the Saints.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Played well but he has to convert those goals from 25-30 out critical miss in the the first half would've put more scoreboard pressure on them.

He also gifted them a charity goal from another cheap 50 m penalty.

Players cant be giving away 50 m penalties and goals, now moreso than ever.

Josh Caddy gave a few away that night against Port in 2020 and his career has nigh on evaporated after that night.

That was a bogus 50m and it should have been play on, not a penalty. Not sure he can do much more than 3 goals in the first half.

But our next premiership is going to be several seasons away at best and he's very unlikely to be a part of that. Ideally I'd like to see someone like Judson Clarke take his spot.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Was decent. But when full strength will be in the VFL.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Back to square one tonight. Silly stuff. Selfish stuff. Looking to do the freaky instead of the basic.