Matty Richardson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matty Richardson

Is next week Richos last game for the Yellow and Black.

• Yes

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
The club probably needs to find a couple of tall players from somewhere rather than get rid of one.

Vardy had to play in the ruck this year because of our lack of tall players.

Stafford is 30 next year and his body is not going to stand up too much longer.

Ottens back could fail him any time, lets hope not.

Thankfully the club has not got Daffy and Bourke still hanging aroud their necks and we might be able to have a full list next season.

Diggler,

where in my post have I refered to any of our players as "loyal servants"? In fact I have specifically said that all players are tradeable if the price is right. However, for me keeping Richo is strictly a football issue.

Looking at the Magpies, if we were serious about starting a rebuilding process now, we could expect to be in the GF in three years. If we pulled that off Richo would still only be 32, four years younger than Lynch at the Lions. And probably a figure worth having.

However, using the three year timeline again, I'd be willing to trade Richo for a player/pick that I could be certain would be able to give me a player of his ability in three years. If you dont have this certainty why make the trade?

I was generalizing PMac, not directing anything at you!

The maggies got rid of Sav, whos record is not much different than Richo.

As for Lynch, he is a proven reliable champion, year in year out, ulnlike the good ordinary Richo, who is lucky to play 1 good game in 6.