Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Just give him this year in VFL. Far too early for AFL - needs a body to cope with it first.
Agree. He's just a kid straight from the NTFL; didn't even get to play school or TAC Cup in '20. It's great that he looks promising but throwing him in too early could be a bad move for his development.
Sure, I'm frustrated about giving away Butler along with the unimpressive form of Aarts, DRioli and even Castagna.

But we're still the premiers last 3 from 4. No need to push the panic button just yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Watching Liam Ryan and NicNat run around with what can only be described as sub-optimal physiques, I see no reason not to give Rioli Jr a game if the form is there.

Watching Liam Ryan and NicNat run around with what can only be described as sub-optimal physiques, I see no reason not to give Rioli Jr a game if the form is there.
Ain't the shape of the physique you worry about, it's the capacity to play the game at the required level. Could simply be that Maurice is still learning the basic structures of the game we play, or building enough motor to compete for enough game time. Won't be in the slightest surprised to see the young fella get some senior game time this season.

Considering the variety of different size n shape players who've starred in our game over any generation, is there any such thing as an optimal physique?

Reactions: 1 users
Come on Dimma, give Mojo a game, he's the son of Maurice, he was born for the big time.

Reactions: 1 user