Mav Weller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mav Weller

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
I dare say the new ex-saints coach would have a bit of intel regarding Mav otherwise they might not have looked at him. We've lost a bit of depth and a seasoned player to help the VFL is probably not a bad idea. Ex- teammate of Caddy, Prestia and Lynch as well.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Not interested. He is worse than any of the players we have lost and will not add to the list, quite the opposite.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Tigers of Old said:
Adam Kingsley connection?
Our last Weller was Luke..

I don't profess to know much about him as rarely watch Aint games outside of when they play us.
2016 highlights* reel here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srst6wcMsqU
There was a game 4-5 years ago where we were 8 goals up and they came with rush at the end and got reasonably close and he played a blinder from Memory. He is one of these guys who should be better than he is because he has plenty of tools to be a good player. There are many in that category of course and most don’t ever get there

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Sintiger said:
I mentioned Mav Weller as a potential player for our list about 4 weeks ago and got generally pilloried for it!

Remember this is about depth and someone who can come and play a role, we have lost a lot of that depth. Weller has pace and can play but lacks consistency. I reckon he is as good a delisted free agent as it out there.

Doesn’t mean we should do it of course but I am not against it. Ex teammate of Lynch, Prestia and caddy.
I was thinking about him last week also. we need some depth and experience, a player or two who could come in for a game here and there for cover. wouldn't mind him being on the list, just in case....

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Tigers of Old said:
Adam Kingsley connection?
Our last Weller was Luke..

I don't profess to know much about him as rarely watch Aint games outside of when they play us.
2016 highlights* reel here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srst6wcMsqU

Just watching these highlights - turned off halfway through.
He’s a real specimen isn’t he?

Why would saints want to chop him?

And yeah I know what they say about highlights

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Toured our facilities so obviously is going to happen.
Once he is named a Tiger I will welcome him aboard but have doubts on his worth other than VFL value.

tigeronaharley

Tiger Superstar
Jan 29, 2005
LAIDLEY HEIGHTS.QLD
He's a 26 yo tank that when at Richmond his bull attack on the ball & a better team around him will bring out his best...good get I reckon & if he gets his chance the nay sayers will have to eat it !!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
TGM said:
Ditto. I assume injuries must have played a part?

Played 89/110 in the seniors at St.Kilda. Had a couple of minor injuries this year but started in the VFL after being a regular. Just a limited player who they've moved past. But Dimma seems to like these types, think Matt Thomas...

Insurance for Jack Graham?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
don't know anything about him but do now after the comments :-\ maybe because he was a team mate of Caddy Presto and Tom means that they may have had a good word about him?
See he was B&F for Casey, but we got rid of a Liston medal winner..

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
artball said:
don't know anything about him but do now after the comments :-\ maybe because he was a team mate of Caddy Presto and Tom means that they may have had a good word about him?
See he was B&F for Casey, but we got rid of a Liston medal winner..
Not sure how he could be B&F for Casey when he was a St Kilda player? Sandringham ?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Has good pace and tackles hard. We badly need a Tagger and defensive forward (see Sidebottom running around getting kicks for fun in PF) and that's probably what they are thinking with this guy

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Should get him for the name alone. “Top Gun” sequel is out soon, we need a Maverick.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigertim said:
Should get him for the name alone. “Top Gun” sequel is out soon, we need a Maverick.

Do you know why we are interested? Because 'we like him because he is dangerous'

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
turk-d-tiger said:
So will he be going onto the Rookie list or is there another list for these players

I think so, but rookie listed players can be selected if need be instead of having to be promoted to the main list like it used to be. Is it just they receive less pay if you are a rookie listed player now ?

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
If you can't get a gig in a struggling team what is the point in recruiting him.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Have seen a lot worse. Maybe a poorer version of Sam Lloyd. Would obviously only be a depth player at the Tigers.