MCC Question | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MCC Question

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I like to take mates onto the MCC balcony when we got to the footy. A few years ago you could apply for as many balcony passes as you like, however they've cracked down in the last couple of years and now restricted members only get 10 passes a year. 10 is pretty easy to chew through so I've had to pick and choose which games to go to.

Can anyone please tell me if once you become a full member whether the limit is lifted? I think I'm only a couple more years away from a full membership so I'm hoping this might be the case.

TT,

I've just had a look in the 2018 MCC Football Guide and unfortunately it's 10 successful advance applications per member for the season.

They do this "in the interests of allowing as many members as possible the opportunity to introduce guests into these areas" (Long room and Balcony).

When I was new to the MCC membership I virtually lived in the Long Room/Balcony area.
Bag of fruit. Very swish.

Now me and my mate couldn't be bothered "suiting up" as per dress requirements.

We sit on Level 3 and visit the Frank Grey Smith bar instead.
Haven't set foot inside the Long room in ages.

When I was on the waiting list for all those years couldn't wait to get into the Long room and now avoid it like the plague.

Funny.

But to get back on topic yep it is still 10 advance applications per member per year.

theglove3 said:
TT,

I've just had a look in the 2018 MCC Football Guide and unfortunately it's 10 successful advance applications per member for the season.

They do this "in the interests of allowing as many members as possible the opportunity to introduce guests into these areas" (Long room and Balcony).

When I was new to the MCC membership I virtually lived in the Long Room/Balcony area.
Bag of fruit. Very swish.

Now me and my mate couldn't be bothered "suiting up" as per dress requirements.

We sit on Level 3 and visit the Frank Grey Smith bar instead.
Haven't set foot inside the Long room in ages.

When I was on the waiting list for all those years couldn't wait to get into the Long room and now avoid it like the plague.

Funny.

But to get back on topic yep it is still 10 advance applications per member per year.

Dang! I've never gone in the long room but the balcony is the place to sit for mine. 10 passes per year just isn't enough if you want to go with mates. Ah well, really appreciate the response.