MCG Changerooms | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MCG Changerooms

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Have read that this will be out last week in our traditional changerooms in the Olympic Stand.

Does anyone know whether the club will try and save as much of the rooms as possible before they are demolished? ie the For and Forever Richmond sign

Will the new rooms be similar to those in the Southern Stand where the fans cant get in? I love being able to go down into the rooms after a big win or a big loss, and it will be sad if people can no longer do that

DragicevicFan said:
Will the new rooms be similar to those in the Southern Stand where the fans cant get in? I love being able to go down into the rooms after a big win or a big loss, and it will be sad if people can no longer do that

I would envisage DF that the Club's Historical people would be looking into what they can have for the museum.

Regarding the new rooms - I have read that the will be of similar size to the ones in the Southern Stand.

However, I read an article by Scott Palmer the other week that said our new rooms will not be where the old ones were. The new ones will be the other side of the members - where the Cricketers used to come out from -supposedly because it is easier for the TV and Media to access. If this is true it is absoulute disgrace on the part of the MCC

Koalalill said:
DragicevicFan said:

I would envisage DF that the Club's Historical people would be looking into what they can have for the museum.

Regarding the new rooms - I have read that the will be of similar size to the ones in the Southern Stand.

However, I read an article by Scott Palmer the other week that said our new rooms will not be where the old ones were. The new ones will be the other side of the members - where the Cricketers used to come out from -supposedly because it is easier for the TV and Media to access. If this is true it is absoulute disgrace on the part of the MCC

I think they are KL. You can see where the enterance to the changerooms will be already. The plans should be on the MCG website.

They had Benny Gale in the rooms on the sunday FS as well as Gary Lyon talking about the old and new stands in general. Seemed to get the impression that some of the stuff will be auctioned off.

I am actually going to be in the rooms this Sunday before the match.

Its going to be a very sad that our change rooms will be demolished. Its great seeing pictures of our best & fairest winners.

So much tradition in our rooms.