MCG seating question | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MCG seating question

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Gday all, firstly move thread if in wrong section. I'm taking 2 6yo to tiges v blues on the 11th for their first game this year. After much haggling, the best seats i could get are M4 row T aisle. From those in the know, should the boys be ok to see something of the game from here? My wishlist was closer, but clearly not to be.
Opinions appreciated

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Check out this link to see what your view will be like.

i reckon being 20-30 rows back on L1 is better than being in the first 5-10 rows. with my Roaming Tiger membership, I always try to get as far back as possible. I also factor in potential rain (row Y is the borderline for undercover).

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Its Not going to be a sell out.
Turn up and go to a window with your memberships and pay $10 for you and $7 for the kids
And hit the boundary.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Gday all, firstly move thread if in wrong section. I'm taking 2 6yo to tiges v blues on the 11th for their first game this year. After much haggling, the best seats i could get are M4 row T aisle. From those in the know, should the boys be ok to see something of the game from here? My wishlist was closer, but clearly not to be.
Opinions appreciated
Being on the opposite side of tall I never sit at gound level..... if you are unfortunate enough to get a couple of 6 footers in front of you, game enjoyment over! X 2 for kids.
I get the opportunity to move about a bit as I'm in the AFL section and apart from level 2 which is pretty much corporate / reserved, I invariably sit up the top in Q.
Lots of people don't like it but once you adjust to it, I love being able to see the entire ground and due the angle of the seating even short fellas like me have an unimpeded view.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
best advice I ever got to keep the kids focused on the game is to reward them with a lolly or something healthier every-time Richmond kick a goal. Maybe different treat for each quarter. That little bit of advice really worked well when I took a 6yo to his first match

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
My best advice is take kids for Kick outside at half time, will stop them getting restless in the second half. Also take lots of food snacks

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm excited as I can go to the game now. But i'm annoyed I wasn't able to get a ticket when they had the 2 for 1 sale on wednesday. bloody family. :mad:

Reactions: 1 user

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
I'm excited as I can go to the game now. But i'm annoyed I wasn't able to get a ticket when they had the 2 for 1 sale on wednesday. bloody family. :mad:
If you just want GA I’ve got a few spare as long as you’ve got a smartphone as theyre mobile entry codes

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I'm hoping with everything crossed, that if we get up with a win... the boys can get to the fence for a high five and a bazillion to one chance of getting a ball!
Weather not sounding great though

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Hey all, slight change of plan and personnel since i started this. I've got the reserved seats for the boys and myself, but i also have 2 spare GA tickets (late canceling) if anyone is interested.
First in can have em.