Top 4 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Top 4

Pies have the Demons Crows (over there) & the Bombers , every chance they will drop at least one.

Giants are the worry, Hawks, Dogs & Suns to finish, strong chance they will win all 3 meaning we need to win all 3 as you stated. Geez any chance Hawks or Dogs can cause an upset ?

I reckon we will beat carlton and brisbane on the G and i reckon WC on the G is a big dance dress rehearsal. I also dont think it really matters too much what happens. Theres no double chance after a Q final, and 1 game in a month isnt ideal. Its August and were a contender. Theres silver linings everywhere i look. Build momentum, win the flag

Reactions: 1 users
Pies have the Demons Crows (over there) & the Bombers , every chance they will drop at least one.

Giants are the worry, Hawks, Dogs & Suns to finish, strong chance they will win all 3 meaning we need to win all 3 as you stated. Geez any chance Hawks or Dogs can cause an upset ?
We wouldn't have to win all three if Brisbane lose to Geelong and us by enough.

if we do drop a game and end up 5th .... then we want WC to finish on top otherwise we'd likely be playing them in a prelim over there...... it's an amazing end to the season and we'll know all the ramifications of a win or a loss agst Bris in the last round before the ball is bounced....

As I have said before, I'm not too fussed where the Tigers finish at the end of the H&A season.
Reckon the Tigers will be primed to win the flag from any position this year.
Just love the way the Club and the players have gone about it in 2019. Been an even better season than 2018, where RFC finished at the top of the ladder (which was a mighty effort in itself).
There's been much more adversity this season which the Club and the players have handled without a grumble or a whinge. Just got down to the business of building a team committed to playing great team footy no matter the personnel sent out each week.

Reactions: 5 users
I reckon we will beat carlton and brisbane on the G and i reckon WC on the G is a big dance dress rehearsal. I also dont think it really matters too much what happens. Theres no double chance after a Q final, and 1 game in a month isnt ideal. Its August and were a contender. Theres silver linings everywhere i look. Build momentum, win the flag
Obviously we can all be wrong because things can happen but given the extent of Collingwood's injuries I now feel there is only one side that can beat us in September and that's West Coast. Unfortunately we have to play them in 2 weeks time, probably to finish top4.
I would feel very confident playing any of the others now

I reckon the top 4 is now out or 5 teams only.

Given this season is so close, I can see another twist with 3 rounds remaining.

From memory, we only secured a top 4 spot (3rd) in round 23 - was that correct.

Winning games is good form so let’s hope we keep winning.

If we are going to get a flag it is best to finish top 4.

To guarantee a top 4 finish we need to win all our remaining games.

To win the flag we have to beat the best opposition out there.

It all adds up to everything being in our own hands - the opportunity is there, there are other clubs fielding very good teams standing in our way - if we're good enough we can do it. As we all know, these opportunities don't come easily so hopefully time to seize it.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
As I have said before, I'm not too fussed where the Tigers finish at the end of the H&A season.
Reckon the Tigers will be primed to win the flag from any position this year.

you're having a laugh. We have to finish top 4. I don't care how good we are, we are extremely unlikely to win it outside the top 4.

Massive change to the structure of the finals with the Bye week introduced before the finals commence. Doggies won the flag from 7th playing the four finals on the trot. Colonwood went within a thirty second choke of winning the flag playing four finals on the trot.

Play round 23 then all finalists get a week off. Play week one of finals n then the two winners out of the top four get another week off waiting for their prelim opponents, it can make a massive adjustment to the mindset and physical prep having only one game during this period. Players like the consistency n repetition of playing every week.

Reactions: 1 user
you're having a laugh. We have to finish top 4. I don't care how good we are, we are extremely unlikely to win it outside the top 4.

That's a fair enough opinion, Ian.
Top four would be great, but I ain't having a laugh.
I really do believe this team is capable of winning the flag from any position on the ladder.

Reactions: 1 user
That's a fair enough opinion, Ian.
Top four would be great, but I ain't having a laugh.
I really do believe this team is capable of winning the flag from any position on the ladder.

I don't. we're gonna need a bit of luck. in 2017 we got a bit of luck by finding ourselves on the better side of the draw and ended up playing an interstate prelim final opponent in a packed MCG. last year we weren't so lucky and ended up having to play the tougher of the 2 semi final winners... and lost. This year we need to avoid playing a knockout final in Perth. Any other opponent, I am confident we can handle.

I’ve had a look at all the scenarios,I think :)

Think if we win the remaining games , Brisbane v Geelong is the important one, if Brisbane were to lose that and against us we could end up 3rd and have to travel to Perth, we don’t want that.

I think if we win our remaining games, Brisbane beat Geelong at home is the best scenario for us.

I don't. we're gonna need a bit of luck. in 2017 we got a bit of luck by finding ourselves on the better side of the draw and ended up playing an interstate prelim final opponent in a packed MCG. last year we weren't so lucky and ended up having to play the tougher of the 2 semi final winners... and lost. This year we need to avoid playing a knockout final in Perth. Any other opponent, I am confident we can handle.

2017 was luck? Look at the final scores of those finals we won. We smashed everyone into tiny pieces. We broke Adelaide, the entire club. Geelong are getting treatment for severe OCD when it comes to all things Richmond. The AFL's grand plan and financing of a GWS Flag early on was blown to piecxes and they are still shitty with us over it.

Luck my arse

Reactions: 6 users