Trade out this years draft picks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade out this years draft picks

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
With so much talent on our list I think we should look to trade our early picks at this years draft for lower picks either in future years or for a top 10 pick

Eg
Our pick 18 and 36 and 54 for pick 10 this year.
Our round 1 this year for a round 1 next year
Our round 2 this year for a round 2 next year
Our round 1 &2 tis year for a round 1 next year

Repeat again the following year

These type of scenarios need to be explored as we have time on our side with the talent coming through.

This could result in a scenario like 3 picks within 20 in a future year or a top 10 premium pick.

We have ruck depth. Soldo,Chol Coleman jones
We have mid field depth and talent. Naish Pickett stack Ross graham turner Collier Dawkins balta

The gap is key position depth for rance and grimes ( replacements in 4 years time) and elite mid (top 5 type talent like a Martin or cotchin)

Be brave and progressive tigers.

Reactions: 3 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
With so much talent on our list I think we should look to trade our early picks at this years draft for lower picks either in future years or for a top 10 pick

Eg
Our pick 18 and 36 and 54 for pick 10 this year.
Our round 1 this year for a round 1 next year
Our round 2 this year for a round 2 next year
Our round 1 &2 tis year for a round 1 next year

Repeat again the following year

These type of scenarios need to be explored as we have time on our side with the talent coming through.

This could result in a scenario like 3 picks within 20 in a future year or a top 10 premium pick.

We have ruck depth. Soldo,Chol Coleman jones
We have mid field depth and talent. Naish Pickett stack Ross graham turner Collier Dawkins balta

The gap is key position depth for rance and grimes ( replacements in 4 years time) and elite mid (top 5 type talent like a Martin or cotchin)

Be brave and progressive tigers.
Good post

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Sounds like a sound strategy for now.

The bonus for us is we seem to do really well with our lower/ rookie picks now than in the past, that takes all the pressure of nailing our first pick (s).

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How about just trading our first rounders because we are shocking at it.
Can accept anymore Ellis's, Lennon's, Vickery's, Deledio's
Just off load it to a unhappy 23 year old at GWS or Footscray.
Bailey Dale
Argus Monfries..

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Bailey Dale
Argus Monfries..

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Given our list profile and depth in u23 talent, reckon we’ll only be taking the minimum 3 in the ND. Any trades we make will be for future picks which with a bit of luck will set us up for years to come.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Definitely has some merit

I think we will have at least 4 top 40ish picks, our first and second, GCs third rounder and a pick in the 20s for Brando, also possible Butler may help get us a top 40 pick.

With a tight salary and a really good bunch of kids delivered in the last 2 drafts, I think will continue to ad via the draft.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Definitely has some merit

I think we will have at least 4 top 40ish picks, our first and second, GCs third rounder and a pick in the 20s for Brando, also possible Butler may help get us a top 40 pick.

With a tight salary and a really good bunch of kids delivered in the last 2 drafts, I think will continue to ad via the draft.

We don’t need more depth. We have that in spades. Trade these picks for an elite pick or delay them until future years if when we need a rebuild.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Trade out our first pick for a ready made kid.
No more Ellis's, Lennon"s, Conca's and Deledio's.
Crouch

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Bailey Dale
Argus Monfries..
Deledio? 243 game dual JD medal winner who was a terrific tiger

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A quality tall struggling at another club?
We still struggle with defensive marking options.
Haynes would be a beauty, Hill very nice
With so many clubs finding a quality retread these days is almost impossible.
I would definitely give away a pick this year to keep our window open aka hawthorn.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
lets noit forget we'll get extra draft picks for players leaving. 2nd rounder for Ellis. maybe a 3rd rounder for Butler.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bring in 4 to 5 kids in order to get some salary cap relief by trading away some mid tier players like last year like ellis butler towner caddy menadue markov mcintosh etc. Bit harsh but tough decisions are required

Reactions: 3 users