McGrath a chance for selection | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McGrath a chance for selection

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Heard a whisper that Marty McGrath is a big chance for selection this week. Unconfirmed at this stage, i guess we'll find out later today.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Marty told me he thought he was a chance in the next couple of weeks if he played a couple of decent games coming back from injury.
He said he's really going to try and make it now.
For all the negative talk about his attitude etc, maybe he's realised what he has to do now and is willing to do it. Here's hoping.
He was the nicest person to talk to, and I hope he gets a chance sooner rather than later and that he makes the most of it.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
If he knows his deficiencies and is willing ot work on them then i have no problem at all with that. Hopefulyl he will stick to it. Otherwise jsut another wasted talent. I hope for his and Richmonds sake he comes good and turns it all around. Must have had a big talking to by the hierarchy. Maybe Pettifer had a similar chat and when he eventualyl comes back from suspension maybe he can do the same and readjust his attitude.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I thought Marty played a pretty good game on Sunday for Coburg, playing off half back. It looked to me as though he was alot more commited and prepared to do the hard things.

Would be great to see him in the team.

Go Marty!!

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
In one of my posts earlier this week on the topic of Richmond Vs Collingwood, I called for Marty to play..... Put him in front of 50,000 people and let him work his magic........nothing to lose spud.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
It's amazing to think that anyone wouldn't do all they could to make it at AFL level. I mean, if you were that close to the big time, and you had a load of talent, why on earth wouldn't you bust a gut? (This is from the perspective of a talentless arm-chair hack, of course.)

Let's hope someone like Micky Long or the great Maurice can be convinced to talk sense into our Marty.

bringbacksziller

our next recruit
Jul 17, 2003
ive never seen a better specky taker (or specky attempter) than Marty McGrath, hope he gets a gig and does well. could be a phenomenon.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Tigerblood said:
It's amazing to think that anyone wouldn't do all they could to make it at AFL level. I mean, if you were that close to the big time, and you had a load of talent, why on earth wouldn't you bust a gut? (This is from the perspective of a talentless arm-chair hack, of course.)

Let's hope someone like Micky Long or the great Maurice can be convinced to talk sense into our Marty.
He is only 18 years old so give him time but you could talk to pitiful and bowdud,they both should be up in lights by now.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
I think you might find McGrath will PLAY tomorrow night.
Johnson and Cameron late withdrawls/ King might play as well ;)