McGrath and Schulz in. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McGrath and Schulz in.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Backs: C. Newman T. Zantuck M. McGrath
Half Backs: M. Chaffey B. Holland A. Kellaway
Centre: J. Bowden K. Johnson G. Tivendale
Half Forwards: J. Blumfield J. Schulz A. Fiora
Forwards: L. Cameron M. Richardson D. Rodan
Followers: A. Krakouer, M. Coughlan, B. Ottens
Interchange: T. Fleming, B. Nicholls, C. King, D. Kellaway
Emergency: M. Rogers, M. Dragicevic, C. Hyde

SELECTION NEWS

McGrath makes his debut
Exciting West Australian youngster Martin McGrath makes his debut for Richmond on Saturday and is one of five changes to the side to play the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome. The downside for the Tigers is the hamstring injury to Greg Staffordm which robs the side of some of the height advantage it would have enjoyed.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
More short sighted decisions from the Circus

If King, Nicholls and Kellaway have more future at our club than Hyde and Dragicevic, then i dont know. Both of those guys run the lines, so obviously they dont fit into Danny's boring style of play.

Good to see McGrath and Schulz in though.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
That is good news. Schulz has done the hard yards and earnt his spot i feel, and McGrath we need ot see since he has become disciplined (or so i am told).
Still bewildered why King and Nicholls are there for Draga and Hyde. Poor kids what do they have to do? Cant get time to prove themselves, hardly even get any game time.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
DragicevicFan said:
Where has this information come from BakTiger?

It comes from the "Richmond Football Club email
newsletter". They send them out on Thursdays each
week. You can sign up for it on the RFC web site.

Also see:
http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=108094

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
In: McGrath, Schulz, Duncan, Johnson, Cameron
Out: Dragga, Hyde, Rogers, Hilton, Stafford

If Dragga had been kept in for King then the selections would have been perfect IMO apart from Stafford :( who's knee must have got to the stage where it needed a rest.

First positive signs in a long while at Punt Road :).

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Interesting to note that Draga has not been played at Telstra Dome against the Dogs or Cats, but played at the MCG, Gabba and Aami Stadium

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
mightytiges said:
In: McGrath, Schulz, Duncan
Out: Dragga, Hyde, Rogers

If Dragga had been kept in for King then the selections would have been perfect IMO.

Stafford and Hilton also out

Johnson and Cameron are In

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
mightytiges said:
In: McGrath, Schulz, Duncan
Out: Dragga, Hyde, Rogers

If Dragga had been kept in for King then the selections would have been perfect IMO.

Stafford and Hilton also out

Johnson and Cameron are In

Thanks DF. I stand corrected.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Nicholls and King are bad decisions. Hope McGrath and Schulz get 5 whole games before we assess their progress, not these "15 minutes a game" jobs before we drop them back to reserves.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
Some +ves, Hopefully Schulz and McGrath get some good quality game time. What do Draga and Hyde need to do to not only get a game, but quality game time at senior level. How are we all to find out whether they can play or not? How King and Nichols, both slow, poor disposal and no footy smarts, get ahead of the other two is beyond me. As for Duncan, call me a bit sentimental, but I think that he was always going to be given the opportunity, realise that he doesn't cut it anymore, and then go.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Good to see Schulz and McGrath getting a run.

There are no excuses for leaving Schulz on the bench. The Doggies have very little height and Schulz can help to create a mismatch if he plays forward.

Still baffled about Dragga and Hyde though.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I was happy when I saw this thread til I read that Dragga and Hyde are out. King and Nicholls should have been omitted IMO. But I guess if Dragga, Hyde, McGrath and Schulz we're all in the team danny would actually have to give at least one of them some decent game time. Wouldnt want that now would we.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
I am obviously a bit alone on Nicholls. He is still a kid and needs some game to prove if he is up to it. He has ability, just needs some game time after a few hammy injuries..stick with him..

Clinton King....why?

Hyde was one guy who was having a dip last week so why should he get dropped, in fact every time he has played he has had a dip and IMO made the most of his very limited game time.

Even in the face of disaster, Danny still tries to save his own arse by playing on older player who is a hack...fools, the lot of them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Are my eyes decieving me? Rogers out? Is this true? The love affair is on the rocks? I never imagined I'd see this happen this year. Hopefully we don't see that hack ever again.

Tiger icon

He coaches like Tony Shaw!
Jul 24, 2003
Dumb Ass Danny strikes again !!!!!!!!!!!

Q? Who loves Danny Frawley ?
A/ One of his Kids and 65 year old st.kilda supporters.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I agree with you guys great to see Jay and Marty given a game. Good luck boys.

Dragga is still being nursed along IMO as DF pointed out with his post about dragga never getting a game at Telstra Dome... I can live with that for the rest of the year. What I find baffling is the selection of King and Nichols ahead of Hyde. Just like you guys all say how will those sorts of selections better RFC in the long term?? ??? ::)

Why couldn't we get Marty Jay and Chris Hyde all in the same team together?? Let's face it they are only going to sit on the bench anyway! ::)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I'll give you a hint why Hyde isn't in, it starts with d and ends with d and has a u in the middle.

Apart from the fact that he's a skeleton and isn't particularly quick, he has another problem at this level - he can't get the ball!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Dean3 said:
I'll give you a hint why Hyde isn't in, it starts with d and ends with d and has a u in the middle.

Duped?

And speaking of skeletons, what's the use of King? And speaking of not being able to get the ball, since when has Billy Nicholls ever had it?