McGrath and Schulz in. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

McGrath and Schulz in.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Dean3 said:
I'll give you a hint why Hyde isn't in, it starts with d and ends with d and has a u in the middle.

D3,

The above is your opinion, okay.

But lets look at the future.

Hyde - maybe he is a dud in your opinion, but have we seen enough of him to make a judgement. When I have seen him he's been having a real crack, more than a few of the others. It's also hard to prove yourself if you've got splinters in your arse. And because he's young he can possibly improve.

King - now sorry he's a dud, and he is not going to get any better or improve Richmond in any way. I cannot believe he is in the team. He is so crap, more crap than any other player on our list. What a decision!

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Well done on 100 posts TT. Finally got there hey mate. ;)

Agree hard to tell wiht Hyde til I get a good look at him and surely knwowing that King is not a part of our future and he will be delisted then surely Hyde should get his chance.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
Boy, we're hard to please, aren't we? McGrath and Shulz finally get a run, Rogers if finally dropped, Houlihan and Biddiscome remain in the VFL and all we can do is worry about King and Nicholls!

Now if King's on the list next year, I'll throw up, but Nicholls deserves a go no matter what. And Dragga's only out because of the surface.

Personally, I'm stoked that we're blooding a couple of youngsters. Hope they go well.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I totally agree Hungry.

I've said it previously, Hyde is a DUD, he is the worst player on our list (yes he is worse then King and Mills) and it was another Beck up when we redrafted him. Get rid of him for good at the end of the year.

Have a look at the Coburg team this week. Most of teh RFC listed players playing for Coburg this week will be delisted at teh end of the year, possibly not Rogers for contractual reasons and Sipthorp as they may give him another year.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Harry said:
So Dragicevic will be gone?

I reckon there's a good chance he will go. Let's face facts, he was hardly setting the world on fire the year prior to doing his knee.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Tenacious Tiges said:
[King - now sorry he's a dud, and he is not going to get any better or improve Richmond in any way. I cannot believe he is in the team. He is so crap, more crap than any other player on our list. What a decision!

Kingy - a DUD? No No..

Kingy = The Human Tea Towel ;D

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
agree with hungry!

And thank god i don't have to see that number 22 on the trak!

theory on Bowden and King getting a game...
perhaps need to have them out there so they can be looked at by other clubs for trade at the end of the year?

perhaps the Frankston Dolphins would be interested?

Anyway good luck for the new boys, perhaps if we all email the club with the same message in the subject line “GIVE MCGRATH AND SCHULZ SOME GAME TIME YA BASTARDS” they may take notice?

Go tigz

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Omg-Richmond are actually giving talented young kids a go.
I think I'm gonna faint.

ahhh67-74 The Beatles ,Led Zep and Richmond winning premierships.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
JohnF said:
Nicholls and King are bad decisions. Hope McGrath and Schulz get 5 whole games before we assess their progress, not these "15 minutes a game" jobs before we drop them back to reserves.

Sorry JF, I don't agree that Nichols is a bad selection......not just yet anyway. As for King, well put it this way - he was punting on Penola races today at my work place, totally dis-interested in even talking about his once passionate Tigers!

As for Nicholls, apart from him being prone to injury, I still believe he hasn't had a propper go at proving his worth or ability at Tigerland.

With a half decent coach and a decent run with injury, IMO I think he has something to offer. Would much rather see him stay in the side than have a Dogers and fellow geese remain for no reason apart from Dudley's love affair with them.

As for McGrath and *smile*, about *smile* time. But the saying 'too little too late' doesn't mean a thing at spud farms unfortunately.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Good game by McGrath. What a star, hope he stays disciplined coz he really has something to offer. Schulz looked out of his depth but htat is expected in virtually his first game and stil lyoung and tall. Has a future though that was obvious.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Schulz looked a little lost at times and ran to the wrong spot a few times, but give him time. Looks a likely type.

McGrath looks ready made and will fit in well, given the opportunities. He can also lay a tackle which I like, given he is built like a needle.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
SkiddyMcGhee said:
McGrath looks ready made and will fit in well, given the opportunities....

Hey be careful with that "ready made" description...
remember - Billy Nicholls is the one that they termed
"A ready made footballer" when they drafted him... ;)

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
sean pean said:
i saw schulz put on a couple of strong shepard’s which was encouraging also

Agree sean pean. I thought *smile* ran smart and got himself in very good position when he was on the field. Was watching his movement when the ball was coming in and he looks to have a footy brain - something Pettifer couldn't even dream of having.

Am looking forward to seeing *smile* and McGrath play the remaining 5 games, but I'm sure Dudley will find a way to excuse those 2 and make way for his boyfriends, Rogers, Biddiscum and Pettifer.