Media making me sick!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Media making me sick!!

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
I know it happens every year, the Grand final underdog or team that hasn’t won for a long time or in this case never becomes the media’s darling.

But FFS, here we have a manufactured 8 year old club given so many concessions and favours, being given so much media favouritism it is making me sick!!

After 8 short years they have a chance to win a flag, while clubs like the Saints, Melbourne etc continue to struggle.

And of course a moron like Toby Greene who is such a role model should be in contention to win the Norm Smith.

GAGF MCLAUGHLIN, HOCKING, THE AFL COMMISSION, CHANNEL SEVEN, SEN AND ALL THE OTHER DEADS•••• WANTING THE GIANTS TO WIN.

STICK IT UP THEM TIGERS!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Well if they have invested this much in the plastics, they are not going to stop now. I'd really love a Richmond 1980 GF type killing that would sit the plastics and all their AFL HQ supporters (& media sycophants) back on their backsides for the next few years...

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I know it happens every year, the Grand final underdog or team that hasn’t won for a long time or in this case never becomes the media’s darling.

But FFS, here we have a manufactured 8 year old club given so many concessions and favours, being given so much media favouritism it is making me sick!!

After 8 short years they have a chance to win a flag, while clubs like the Saints, Melbourne etc continue to struggle.

And of course a moron like Toby Greene who is such a role model should be in contention to win the Norm Smith.

GAGF MCLAUGHLIN, HOCKING, THE AFL COMMISSION, CHANNEL SEVEN, SEN AND ALL THE OTHER DEADS•••• WANTING THE GIANTS TO WIN.

Relax mate.
Plastic football club.
Filled with individuals.
We will give them what Geelong gave Port in 2007,
What Essendon gave Melbourne in 2000,
What Hawthorn gave WC in 1991

We are the hated side this weekend.
Opposition Victorian club supporters don’t want us to win.

I was confident against Adelaide and more confident against these muppets.

Reactions: 8 users
I love it and am soaking it all in. After all these years of being irrelevant and not been able to open a newspaper or new media during September, it’s a welcome change.

Even bad media I can enjoy with a grin. We are the dominant afl club.

For all the tiger haters they can gagf. Fear our roar once more.

Reactions: 1 users
Relax mate.
Plastic football club.
Filled with individuals.
We will give them what Geelong gave Port in 2007,
What Essendon gave Melbourne in 2000,
What Hawthorn gave WC in 1991

We are the hated side this weekend.
Opposition Victorian club supporters don’t want us to win.

I was confident against Adelaide and more confident against these muppets.

This GF has a real 1974 vibe about it actually

Reactions: 4 users

i think this exposes the AFL media more than anything. town hall leads the agenda and the media follow them blindly into the propaganda battle. we'll stick it right up em on saturday

Well if they have invested this much in the plastics, they are not going to stop now. I'd really love a Richmond 1980 GF type killing that would sit the plastics and all their AFL HQ supporters (& media sycophants) back on their backsides for the next few years...
I just wonder what new rule changes will be introduced next year to try to counter the Tiges game plan again.

Reactions: 1 user
Since when did GWS become tough too? Every article seems to be pumping their tyres around being tough.
They're absolute grubs, pulling hair, rubbing heads in the dirt, targeting injuries etc.
Short memories, they were wearing heated blankets and gloves 6 weeks ago because it was too cold on the bench!
They certainly didn't look too tough when the Pies woke up in the last quarter, folded quicker than Superman on laundry day.
Hardly heard a peep all finals from our end, the perfect lead up.

Reactions: 4 users
I just wonder what new rule changes will be introduced next year to try to counter the Tiges game plan again.
Depends what happens Saturday, if Whitfield gets injured theyll introduce a new rule that a player who wears the newly introduced red injury vest cannot be tackled.....

Couple of 6PR media notables heading to the GF felt a bit sick this morning after 1000 Jetstar flight to Melbourne cancelled this morning. Steve Mills has managed to get on Virgin flight but do not know if Gary Shannon has picked up a flight.

Listening to the radio yesterday they were going on and on and on about Coniglios unlucky injury and amazing sacrifice to not take part in the GF. Not one mention of Jack Grahams heroics in the prelim to play with a dislocated shoulder and how he will be missing the game. Never seen a great team so disrespected. While the Hawthorns and Geelongs were dominating it was all about what a great team and club they were. Best ever etc etc. With us it's about how brave the opposition was. How they found our weakness yet still lost the game.
Nothing about yeah the opposition was brave and threw everything at Richmond yet they are just too good and win in the end. They can all Gagf. I really hope we smash these pretenders.

Since when did GWS become tough too? Every article seems to be pumping their tyres around being tough.
They're absolute grubs, pulling hair, rubbing heads in the dirt, targeting injuries etc.
Short memories, they were wearing heated blankets and gloves 6 weeks ago because it was too cold on the bench!
They certainly didn't look too tough when the Pies woke up in the last quarter, folded quicker than Superman on laundry day.
Hardly heard a peep all finals from our end, the perfect lead up.

They have plenty of dirty players. They’ve just decided to be consistently dirty.

Forget the media - this is playing into our hands.

They will come out firing, they will play dirty - we know that because they have told us and that’s how they have played the first 3 finals.

It nearly didn’t work against the pies and we are much better than the pies this year.

We will be ready and it’s therefore it’s not an ambush. We just go about our business and ignore the hype and will be ready to deal with it when it happens.

Reactions: 2 users
Forget the media - this is playing into our hands.

They will come out firing, they will play dirty - we know that because they have told us and that’s how they have played the first 3 finals.

It nearly didn’t work against the pies and we are much better than the pies this year.

We will be ready and it’s therefore it’s not an ambush. We just go about our business and ignore the hype and will be ready to deal with it when it happens.

yep. they will throw everything at us in the first half. we will withstand it. then destroy them.

Reactions: 1 user
terry Wallace mentioned an interesting stat ,

In all 3 finals gws lost the inside 50 count in the last quarter by some margin, they held on but that is a worry for them against Richmond who have being doing the opposite

People are saying they will hit us.
Besides Mumford and Greene (who are more snipers then tough guys)
Who else is tough?
Whitfield?
Haynes?
Debor?
Williams??

Lets get real.
They have gone with "we have nothing to lose' mentally.
Thats the opening we need..