Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

I like Archie May. 197 and about 95kg. Good contested mark, quick and really good below his knees , BUT, he is a project. Still only 19.
Do we take him this month to get 6mths in of full time development or wait for the rookie draft?

I would take him now.
I agree.Pick within.I know nothing about the Interstate Kp's but we got a better idea on May because he does get exposed more to afl listed players at VFL level than those in the Wafl or Sanfl.

Reactions: 1 user
Howes looks a better prospect than May. More mobile, agile, better hands. May is a dinosaur.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
El Nour suffered an AC joint injury in the Tigers’ 32-point win last weekend and will be sidelined for 8-10 weeks.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users
El Nour suffered an AC joint injury in the Tigers’ 32-point win last weekend and will be sidelined for 8-10 weeks.
Are we trying to put other clubs off now with our injury crisis! Good way to try and hide Mutaz!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Was thinking the same. Good move Tiges. He went back on after some shoulder injury so this 8-10 weeks must be BS.

Howes looks a better prospect than May. More mobile, agile, better hands. May is a dinosaur.
We shall see Spooky. I don’t rate the SANFL as highly as the VFL so looks can be deceptive sometimes. Happy to be proved wrong however.

We shall see Spooky. I don’t rate the SANFL as highly as the VFL so looks can be deceptive sometimes. Happy to be proved wrong however.
Howe is 18 , looks to be making fair fist of it , may is young too, if we weee taking 2-3 players I would t be against adding him too, he can ruck

I like Archie May. 197 and about 95kg. Good contested mark, quick and really good below his knees , BUT, he is a project. Still only 19.
Yes, I could go with him too on a list needs basis. Is he really quick enough though? I need to see more of him.

Any talented tall forwards- stick them on the rookie list and give them a couple of years in a professional environment. Given this years draft is full of mids I’d be grabbing May and ze South Australian kid and seeing what they’ve got. El-Nour might be there next rookie draft though I wouldn’t be surprised if we took him anyway.

**maybe we could move him to the LT injury list in between picks and have a double dip?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users