Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Looking for highly rated players, injured in their draft year, but now going well?

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Draft the leading goal scorer in ant competition in the country.
And open more spots up and 2 talls that love hitting packs and a taking a grab

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we need to temper expectations for the mid-season draft. Its tempting to go after the best forward but its a very longshot to draft a tall forward in this manner and it works out.

I'd prefer to go for players that clearly have AFL qualities and could step into our team either now or into the future.

I'd be happy with Mutaz and Johnson from our VFL team to be honest. I think both have qualities that could see them step into our AFL team and would love to see how they go in an elite AFL environment.

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There is a bloke called Collier-Dawkins playing well at Williamstown.
16 possessions, a goal and 6 tackles today to halftime
Wonder if he will get picked up ?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Archie is 199 cm and only 19 and dominated a quarter at VFL last Wednesday.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mitch Schofield had 20 disposals, took 9 marks and kicked 5 goals yesterday. The club know a bit about him, it was a close call between him and Lefau, he might be worth consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No they are not.

Archie is not VFL standard and Mutaz is at his level.

They are both AFL level list cloggers.
Considering neither player has been on an AFL list as yet how could either of them have possibly managed to clog an AFL list?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am not sure I would go for a KPF unless we really think that player could develop into a good AFL level player.
We do need KPFs right now but what we really need is a developing one who is high class. We also have Liam Fawcett of course. Whether a KPF player helps us this year or not is secondary to me, we arenā€™t playing finals in 2024.
Try and draft one, trade or FA one at the end of the season imo.
But I do think we have more need for a KPD because right now we have Young, Miller and an injured Gibcus. Balta is going to play forward and we lost Biggie. Mutaz looks good but he has to be considered as a longer term prospect to be selected I reckon.
Are there any examples of key position players taken in the MSD who have gone on to be long term players? That is my concern.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Mitch Schofield had 20 disposals, took 9 marks and kicked 5 goals yesterday. The club know a bit about him, it was a close call between him and Lefau, he might be worth consideration.
WAFL Showreel, R5: Mitchell Schofield highlights

Yeah could be in calculations.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Mutaz will be playing AFL this season. Hopefully with us.
Also like Johnson but if we have the opportunity to get him and take it, it means that Grimes, and probably McIntosh, Prestia and one or two others have already been marked as gone..