Mid season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mid season Draft

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Scaife looks healthier than 85kg and ready to play AFL given the opportunity

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Just looked at him,,was the Dockers nga.
I wonder why they didn't rookie him .
Think he was light on. Instead they picked up a defender utility off their nga.
With Amiss, Jackson, Treacy they are well off for young forwards.
I'M guessing it wasnt a need and no space

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Some top age player's who will be considered in the Mid season draft .

Oskar Smartt. Bendigo. 180cm 84kg ,mid/forward ,l like this lad the most of all top age mids/forwards ,,unlucky not to get drafted ,strong overhead ,good around goals ,is proven at VFL ,great attack on the ball,has the footy smarts .

Max Mapley .Tassie. 199cm ruck/forward. .very agile and strong overhead ,good up forward ,and in the ruck,is athletic ,should be looked at.

Cooper Trembath 193cm eastern ranges defender...very good reader of the play,and strong in the air ,good kick,could make a third back man type.

Geordie Payne 184cm .Tassie .mid/defender a really hard at it mid/hb type with pace and good overhead ,doesn't turn 19 till very late in the year.

Joe Pike 203cm ruck forward Falcons ,,can play forward and kick goals,moves around the ground well,his use of the ball is quite good,and has a touch of mongrel about him .
Tassie Mapley would be worth looking at. Good to get a Tas key forward!

Payne I like too

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Tassie Mapley would be worth looking at. Good to get a Tas key forward!

Payne I like too
Yeah l wouldn't be setting my sights to high ,it is only the mid season draft .
If we can get a long term player,,,perfect.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah l wouldn't be setting my sights to high ,it is only the mid season draft .
If we can get a long term player,,,perfect.
Agreed. In reality not many mid season draftees make it.
What's your thoughts on Tarkyn O'Leary?
He was possibly training with us over summer?

And why hasnt Will Brown been drafted or talked about? Too slow?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'm a little nervous about picking up talls in the MSD, there are very few if any that have really made it. Its the smaller types that are either decent kicks or endurance runners that seem to be the go.

I won't include Newcombe as the Hawks kind of hid him, but of the others that have been successful (ie. played a fair few games) we have Pickett, Snelling, Durham, D'Ambrosio, Menzie, Blanck (about the only tall to make it), Ash Johnson, Parnell, Peatling, Boyd, Sharman (the other tall), and Connor West (no longer on a list).

Its why I like Austin Johnson for 1 of our picks, endurance runner, good kick, potentially could go the same way as Durham in a pro environment IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Agreed. In reality not many mid season draftees make it.
What's your thoughts on Tarkyn O'Leary?
He was possibly training with us over summer?

And why hasnt Will Brown been drafted or talked about? Too slow?
I forgot about O''Leary ,he's a good user of the ball,and not bad pace ,he's 178cm and more a hb/hf type ,,not sure we need that type ,but might be worth a try being the Mid season Draft ,give him some games in the VFL to see if he's any good .

We aren't going to play finals this year,so l would give our spots to young player's and see if they can show something .

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
That was an outrageous mark for 22yo 190cm forward
It was sublimely outrageous.
Ripper.
But would you draft him?
190cm forward who gets 9 touches and kicks 1 or 2 goals a game

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
It was sublimely outrageous.
Ripper.
But would you draft him?
190cm forward who gets 9 touches and kicks 1 or 2 goals a game
See him as 3rd tall similar to Fritsch who is listed at 188cm
Hutchison had 7K 7HB 5M 4T for 2 goals against Coburg VFL also kicked 2 goals against Cartoon VFL previous week

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Look to be a number of good prospects, but believe Mutaz would be the best choice. He is fast, has terrific skills and competes hard. Our kpp defence stocks going into 2025 look to be weaker than our forward stocks and expect we will be thinking of drafting two, especially if one comes as a category B rookie. Ideally a tall defender and an inside mid.

Reactions: 1 users

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
Our kpp defence stocks going into 2025 look to be weaker than our forward stocks
I wonder about that - Started off thinking "Nah that's not right" then wrote out the following...

KPF: We'll be lucky to get another year out of Lynch, thanks to his injury it's incredibly difficult to tell how the Balta Experiment is going to go long term, Ryan is question marks at best & a waste of time at worst, then there's Kosi...

KPD: They don't quite compare but, like Lynch we'll be lucky to get 1 more year out of Grimes, Gibcus is clearly a gun but who knows how recovery from the most recent injury will go, Young's been disappointing this year but there's been more pressure on him thanks to Grimes being out & we're getting reasonable form from Miller... but I think the consistency & output from them is putting them above Ryan and Kosi

I don't know if I'd call out KPD stock worse than KPF, but jeez neither are looking that promising

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I wonder about that - Started off thinking "Nah that's not right" then wrote out the following...

KPF: We'll be lucky to get another year out of Lynch, thanks to his injury it's incredibly difficult to tell how the Balta Experiment is going to go long term, Ryan is question marks at best & a waste of time at worst, then there's Kosi...

KPD: They don't quite compare but, like Lynch we'll be lucky to get 1 more year out of Grimes, Gibcus is clearly a gun but who knows how recovery from the most recent injury will go, Young's been disappointing this year but there's been more pressure on him thanks to Grimes being out & we're getting reasonable form from Miller... but I think the consistency & output from them is putting them above Ryan and Kosi

I don't know if I'd call out KPD stock worse than KPF, but jeez neither are looking that promising
I am actually very positive about both Balta and Lefau as forwards.
Agree Grimes Gibcus and unfortunately and for reasons I can’t figure that Young has been disappointing.