Monarch Discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Monarch Discussion

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive been driving around Bakes turf, rural WA.

And the aboriginal flags on civic buildings at half mast is annoying the *smile* out of me.

If i was a mayor, id be asking the local blackfellas

If theyde like a kite,

To fly THEIR flag at double or triple mast.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ive been driving around Bakes turf, rural WA.

And the aboriginal flags on civic buildings at half mast is annoying the *smile* out of me.

If i was a mayor, id be asking the local blackfellas

If theyde like a kite,

To fly THEIR flag at double or triple mast.

Them's the rules.

The Australian flag is at half-mast because our Head of State has died, the problem here is not that the flag is at half mast because of the Head of State dying, it is that the Head of State is a foreign monarch, or even that we have a head of state, or a state, depending on your opinions.

Since the Australian flag is at half mast, no other flag can be higher than the Australian flag in Australia. So, it isn't so much that the Indigenous flag is at half mast, its just that the indigenous flag cannot be higher than the Australian flag.

If you think all of that is ceremonial BS, I'd agree, but it is what you get with the nation-state.

DS

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Them's the rules.

The Australian flag is at half-mast because our Head of State has died, the problem here is not that the flag is at half mast because of the Head of State dying, it is that the Head of State is a foreign monarch, or even that we have a head of state, or a state, depending on your opinions.

Since the Australian flag is at half mast, no other flag can be higher than the Australian flag in Australia. So, it isn't so much that the Indigenous flag is at half mast, its just that the indigenous flag cannot be higher than the Australian flag.

If you think all of that is ceremonial BS, I'd agree, but it is what you get with the nation-state.

DS

Interesting procedural insight i hadnt considered thanks DS.

Talking of which,

I suspect something very bizarre is happening this weekend in WA?

Im not certain, but i think Thursday is queens deathday,

Then 4 days later, its her birth day?

Im gonna look for some cheap easter eggs down the cultural confusion aisle i reckon

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This whole circus is bizarre. The worshipping of an individual by the masses in a modern liberal democratic society is beyond belief.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am far from a royalist. I am very keen for us to be a republic mainly because I am Australian, not British.
However I found myself watching quite a bit of it last night, not because of some secret adoration of the Queen and the royal family, but because of the spectacle and pageantry.
It was quite amazing really, the sometimes almost comical rituals, the number of people involved, the precision and in the end the cost !!
I was sort of gobsmacked by it and mesmerised at the same time

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Firstly may the Queen rest in peace.

Good old Broome town, (gods own country) is celebrating the Queens life, Broome style.

The Roey - Roebuck Hotel is holding a Wet T Shirt Competition tomorrow night.

Jeepers, I've had a lot of big nights up there, wish I was there tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I am far from a royalist. I am very keen for us to be a republic mainly because I am Australian, not British.
However I found myself watching quite a bit of it last night, not because of some secret adoration of the Queen and the royal family, but because of the spectacle and pageantry.
It was quite amazing really, the sometimes almost comical rituals, the number of people involved, the precision and in the end the cost !!
same for me ..
The ceremony of it, the ritual, the pomp and circumstance.
Fascinating, whatever you think of monarchies and empires.
It was visually something we may not see again.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Same here. Didn’t watch a lot though. But I was mesmerised by this dude in the procession

1663670669559.jpeg

He was *smile* huge. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. Maybe the guys in front and behind were shortarses. Then I saw some angles where he seemed as tall as the guards with the bearskin hats, and I mean as tall as the top of the hats. Googled him. He’s 7’2”. If we trade Soldo, might be worth putting in a call to him :ROFLMAO:

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Off with their *smile*'in heads.

So, this is a very large straw man argument.

Aside from that, even if that "wealth" was to be redistributed, do you think we'd see any of it? No, it'd be brought by the Packer's, the Rinehart's, the Adani's, the Forrest's, etc. At least this overly inflated BS establishment stays largely in their box now, as they know if they step too far out of it, their perfect world will come tumbling down. I'd much rather someone like Queen Lizard hold this land, than any of the people above.

As for a Republic, I'd love to have one, but we would have to do a lot of small changes constitutionally and I think that opens it up to exploitation by vested interests. For example, we already have a President of the Senate here (Currently Sue Lines). I wouldn't want to have another election process, for someone to compete with the Prime Minister - we already have enough giant douche vs crap sandwich arrangements. I don't want a Grand Poobar version above them.

I'd rather leave things alone, than open us up to an American or simliar type of government.

Reactions: 1 users