Moon Landing - Fact or fiction?

Do you think the US put astronauts on the moon almost 40 years ago?


  • Total voters
    14
  • Poll closed .

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
63,969
624
Yes it is an old chestnut but I am fascinated by the 6 supposed moon landings that began back in 1969 and finished with the Apollo17 mission in 1972.

Seems there are plenty of skeptics out there that think the whole thing was an elaborate Hollywood production using fancy cameras, expansive sets and wires.

Personally I have my doubts about the missions as I find it very odd that they have not returned there in an age where communication and media is infinitely better than it was 35+ years ago. The 'next' moon landing is not due until 2018!

I also find it extremely hard to fathom that the space technology at that time was good enough to not only land men on the moon but to bring them home when you see the tin cans that they had for transport.

Still I am prepared to be enlightened on the subject.

Let the debate begin. Were the landings true or false?


Here's some evidence to get the ball rolling.. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0
 

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
11,601
1
Melbourne
The Moon is the space version of Bonnie Doone you fools.

After visiting it half a dozen times and enjoying the serenity, you quickly figure out its as boring as all heck, and you would rather spend your money on something else.


On a serious note, all you sceptic fruitcakes will have to finally eat humble pie shortly. The Japanese are planning orbital missions around the moon to photograh it in detail for the first time. What does this mean you ask? Well if the Yanks were indeed there, there should be a beat up Kingswood (probably on blocks now), half a dozen golf balls, a few flags, and a sign saying "Neil woz ere" on the surface. And if this doesn't do the trick, the Chinese plan to be there next decade.
 

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
63,969
624
Tiger74 said:
On a serious note, all you sceptic fruitcakes will have to finally eat humble pie shortly. The Japanese are planning orbital missions around the moon to photograh it in detail for the first time. What does this mean you ask? Well if the Yanks were indeed there, there should be a beat up Kingswood (probably on blocks now), half a dozen golf balls, a few flags, and a sign saying "Neil woz ere" on the surface. And if this doesn't do the trick, the Chinese plan to be there next decade.
Surely all those things disappeared due to the extreme heat created during liftoff. ;)
 

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
21,757
0
My favourite lunar landing fact is that when you view the supposed moon-buggy footage at double speed it looks exactly like a buggy driving on earth. So coincidental. :)
 

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
7,882
0
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Tiger74 said:
On a serious note, all you sceptic fruitcakes will have to finally eat humble pie shortly. The Japanese are planning orbital missions around the moon to photograh it in detail for the first time. What does this mean you ask? Well if the Yanks were indeed there, there should be a beat up Kingswood (probably on blocks now), half a dozen golf balls, a few flags, and a sign saying "Neil woz ere" on the surface. And if this doesn't do the trick, the Chinese plan to be there next decade.
Surely all those things disappeared due to the extreme heat created during liftoff. ;)
one of the astronauts was quoted as saying the last thing he saw after taking off from the moons surface was the american flag, yes thats right, no moon dust from the take off just an american flag waving in the non existent atmosphere.

there was an email going around that pointed out the pics as FUD because of the lighting and shadows etc

biggest hoax ever sold or bought.
 

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
19,387
462
Lidsand said:
biggest hoax ever sold or bought.
The war in Iraq would be mighty close. Quite remarkable how gulible the general public is.
 

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
11,601
1
Melbourne
Disco08 said:
Got any compelling evidence dave?
Most of the internet "proofs" (i.e. shadows of photos etc) have been disproven by various NASA and other agency officials. I would post a link, but don't have time to look right now unfortunately.

Personally I think this is like Elvis being dead, the JFK assassination, and so on. Its so hard for people at the time to believe it really happened, that myths and rumours start becoming accepted reality 30 years on.

Sadly if you do a survey today, I would bet as many people who think the moon landings were fake will also say that Elvis didn't die in the 70's.

Not saying people are idiots mind you, just that we love a conspiracy, and we love to believe somethings are more complicated than they really are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
8,526
0
To be honest I find this to an issue that is hard to care about. If they made it, they made it. if they didn't, well i can't be shagged sifting thru the evidence.

The bigger issue is whether there's a conspiracy or a cover up, but again it's so hard to believe anything these days.

Not that important to me really. Old news!
 

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
19,387
462
Six Pack said:
To be honest I find this to an issue that is hard to care about. If they made it, they made it. if they didn't, well i can't be shagged sifting thru the evidence.

The bigger issue is whether there's a conspiracy or a cover up, but again it's so hard to believe anything these days.

Not that important to me really. Old news!
Agree. There are newer and bigger US lies that need to brought to the open.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
7,840
2
Harry said:
Six Pack said:
To be honest I find this to an issue that is hard to care about. If they made it, they made it. if they didn't, well i can't be shagged sifting thru the evidence.

The bigger issue is whether there's a conspiracy or a cover up, but again it's so hard to believe anything these days.

Not that important to me really. Old news!
Agree. There are newer and bigger US lies that need to brought to the open.
That's right H.....How BIG were Clinton's cigar's!