More chants from the fanatics at the Davis Cup doubles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

More chants from the fanatics at the Davis Cup doubles

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Just got back from another great day at the Davis Cup.

Here are some more chants from the fanatics about today's players. As I expected they gave a good pasting to Corretja, especially when he was serving from their end of the court.

To the tune of Delilah
"Why, Why, Why Corretja"

To the tune of Blame it on the Boogie

"Dont blame it on the sunshine
Dont blame it on the moonlight
Dont blame it on the good times
Blame it on Corretja"

There was another one that I couldnt quite make out, but it was something like "Shoulda gone with Costa"

And as they did yesterday, but very much louder, they sung the one about Costa (mentioned by Rosy in her post - sung to the tune of daydream believer)

More funny stuff happening in the crowd today - in the 3rd set when it looked like we were well and truly in the winner's seat, the fanatics started throwing around a blow-up doll dressed in a red shirt and white shorts (my interpretation was that it was an effigy of Corretja), very funny sight, finishing up with a fanatic dressed as a caveman giving it a good beating with his club. Then the Spanish fans managed to get a blow-up kangaroo from somewhere and did the same to poor Skippy.

The Spanish fans made a lot more noise today than yesterday - they had some guys playing a trumpet, a drum and some cymbals, but everytime they started singing our guys would drown them out with Walzing Matilda or Advance Australia Fair and the whole crowd joined in to drown them out.

Todd and Wayne played excellent tennis today (esp. Todd), and the Spanish never had a chance of getting into the match. There has been some speculation that the Spanish may substitute Lopez for either Moya or Ferrero in the reverse singles tomorrow - but on his performance today cant see it happening.

This is going to be the main chant for Lleyton's match tomorrow by the fanatics - sung to the tune of 'My Old Man's a Dustman'

Ohh Lleyton Hewitt is magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he saw the Davis Cup
He said I want that back
(repeat over and over)

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMFAOOO@ the blow-up doll. What happened to the good old days when they would throw a beach ball around in the crowd. ;D