Most underrated player to wear yellow and black | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Most underrated player to wear yellow and black

Jordan Mcmahon.

Kicks the winning goal over Melb in 2009, and in doing so, hands them a priority pick so they end up with picks 1 and 2 in the National draft. We have to settle with pick 3. They take Scully and Trengove with picks 1 and 2.

Pick 3 Dustin Martin.

Bones was important to those sides in the ‘70’s. I realised when reading Brilliance and Brutality (too young to appreciate it at the time) that so was Laurie Fowler and not just for cleaning up Nicholls in the ‘73 GF.
Was a top guy as well. I lived next to Daryl Vernon when he started at Richmond in the 70s and he told me the players weren't the most welcoming to newbies, but Bones looked after him and took him under his wing.

Wayne Campbell.
Always seemed to live in Knighter's shadow & didn't get much love but was an excellent player during a period we weren't very excellent.
Little known fact he averaged 26 disposals in just his 2nd season of league footy.
Ultra consistent. We just didn't have enough quality across the board.

Very good footballer.

But rightly lived in Knighters shadow ILO.

Different gravy.

Reactions: 2 users
Wayne Campbell.
Always seemed to live in Knighter's shadow & didn't get much love but was an excellent player during a period we weren't very excellent.
Little known fact he averaged 26 disposals in just his 2nd season of league footy.
Ultra consistent. We just didn't have enough quality across the board.
Underrated? Favourite for the Brownlow in 1995 which is one thing Knighta never got.