Most underrated player to wear yellow and black | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Most underrated player to wear yellow and black

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Baloo was musing elsewhere that his love child Angus Graham was the most underrated player to ever pull on a Richmond jumper so it gave me the idea to start a thread on it.
My vote goes to Merv Keane but I go back a long way. Also Rob Wiley who was recognised as a very good player but to me was an out and out star of the game, one of the best I have seen at Richmond.
In recent times I would suggest Kane Lambert and in the current team Nathan Broad
Thoughts?

Reactions: 9 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Severely underrated by the punters, and PRE's Pin-up Whipping Boy. Yet 1st and 2nd in JD medal counts.
jacko.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
1707179531831.png
kane Johnson ..........he started the Richmond man idea ......and let Chris Newman develop it further

Reactions: 6 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Dave Astbury should of been AA at least 3 times..Rarely beaten .
He was more important to our structure than Rance

Reactions: 17 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I would have to be up there.
Couldn't kick over a jam tin.
But put that Yellow and Black jumper on me and I turn into a colossus.
Heart as big as the mighty G and survived on a diet of devouring big names with monotonous regularity.

Nafe "Figjam" Buckley.
Golden Boy "Whatever it takes" Jiimy Hird.

The defence rests!

Reactions: 9 users

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Baloo was musing elsewhere that his love child Angus Graham was the most underrated player to ever pull on a Richmond jumper so it gave me the idea to start a thread on it.
My vote goes to Merv Keane but I go back a long way. Also Rob Wiley who was recognised as a very good player but to me was an out and out star of the game, one of the best I have seen at Richmond.
In recent times I would suggest Kane Lambert and in the current team Nathan Broad
Thoughts?
Merv was the first name in my mind, wonderful contributor.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Couglan best midfielder we had since Knights injury stopped him being an all time champion of the comp.

Justin Charles what an athlete. He was unbelievably fast for such a big bloke

Chris Naish quality small forward

Reactions: 3 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Certainly not underrated by the richmond and PRE faithful but was by the media and broader footy public - Shane Edwards. As a First Peoples footballer it amazes me he isnt mentioned in the same breath as recent champions like Burgoyne, C Rioli, McLeod, etc.

Reactions: 11 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Perhaps lost a bit over time, given everything that happened after his playing career, but Kevin Sheedy was a great player for us. Particularly in big games. He was everywhere in the 73 grand final.

Reactions: 2 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
6cdc6cf426f0260b94b9e9ae951efc2b

Im biased, but I loved Jakes game later in his career up forward.

Reactions: 1 users