Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched Sex Tape, typical Segel/Stollervfilm, funny but not as funny as it could've been.

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
TigerForce said:
Off to Doncaster tomorrow arvo to watch Gone Girl. Horror films are only good if they're not American / Hollywood based.

TF

Saw a nice little horror number recently.

Called 'You're Next'. Is from the US ... but a bit of nostalgia for those brought up on 80's flicks like Halloween and Friday the 13th.

[youtube=560,315]aRq1SmwJnN0[/youtube]

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ruby said:
TF

Saw a nice little horror number recently.

Called 'You're Next'. Is from the US ... but a bit of nostalgia for those brought up on 80's flicks like Halloween and Friday the 13th.

[youtube=560,315]aRq1SmwJnN0[/youtube]

Yeah that's on Foxtel. I can't get into Hollywood horrors anymore Ruby. They make me laugh especially the CGI rubbish and the slamming door sound effects. I still love the British ones, especially the old 70s Thriller series.....which I haven't seen for about 20 years now but still remember some episode scenes.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
TigerForce said:
I'm afraid to say it was an interesting, intriguing but silly film full of plotholes and pointless ending. It only got better from when Amy went missing, but the story from then on was all too hard to believe. Sometimes, films that drag on for more than 2 hours usually lose their way to find a convincing ending, and this one definitely didn't have one. Not a good film for newlyweds, and at some point, I thought the cat did it.... ;D

Rating: 6/10

Worst rating I've seen so far! Fair enough though. My sister watched Annabelle last night, sounds like I at least saved your time on that one!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigertool said:
Worst rating I've seen so far! Fair enough though. My sister watched Annabelle last night, sounds like I at least saved your time on that one!

Sorry TT, but I'm a feral darksider when it comes to film criticism. ;D

Silly and pointless endings give me the scheissenhausen.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Saw Gone Girl too on Friday night.

Thought it finished well, in that I was left with the questions of what will happen in their relationship and will the truth be discovered.
I too thought it dragged at the start, but this was justified in providing depth to the characters.

After having seen Fargo and No Country For Old Men, this plot was also credible, original and entertaining, but not everyone's cup of tea.

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
Saw Whiplash tonight.

Extraordinary. See it. Best movie I have seen in years full stop.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Just watched Fury. It was good, but nothing special. If anything I was a bit underwhelmed.

6/10.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Boyhood is a must-see for any movie-lover. Shot over 11 years, this coming-of-age drama is the early favourite for Best Pic Oscar. I think, ultimately, it will get rolled due to what looks like a stellar season of soon-to-be released flicks but will still be one of the five best of the year.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Draft Day - Fictional story based on the NFL draft day which focuses on the Cleveland Browns GM (Kevin Costner).

Not bad popcorn film if you like US sport

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Good to see you still about Lids. Thought you might have gone the way of Bling. 8-

Cheers mate. I still float in and out (kinda like Blinga) but post very rarely these days.

We had a cracking run home huh, did you get to Adelaide Oval for the final?

Lidsand

Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Yes mate. Tragic finale.
Had to laugh at Daisy's joke that it was one of the scariest scenes ever in the other thread.

Always good for a laugh that lad.

stay cool

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Whiplash. 10/10.

Great film about a drummer and his ambitions to be the best and a teacher who is very ott about his.

Ruby

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 31, 2006
smasha said:
Whiplash. 10/10.

Great film about a drummer and his ambitions to be the best and a teacher who is very ott about his.

Imagine Mr Fletcher (J K Simmons) engaged to do motivational speaking for the RFC. Would either lift the players to great heights or crush em or both :) Perhaps Dimma can use the raised fist trick at training.

Movie is a must see. Still thinking about it almost a week on.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Saw John Wick, 90 minutes of Keanu Reeves shooting but somewhat stylishly done. 7/10.

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Ruby said:
Imagine Mr Fletcher (J K Simmons) engaged to do motivational speaking for the RFC. Would either lift the players to great heights or crush em or both :) Perhaps Dimma can use the raised fist trick at training.

Movie is a must see. Still thinking about it almost a week on.

I stood up and cheered after the last scene.