Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back better LT77. But Dogma was good. Chasing Amy was my favorite of the K.Smiths.

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
I thought Clerks was the best of the lot. Did anyone here the rumour K.Smith was collaborating with Stan Lee over the new Superman script?
I watched Duplex last night for the first time DMX and thought it was great. The old lady is a classic. I have it on a DVD that contains 5 of Ben Stiller's better movies. Has anybody seen these artist DVD's - they're top value.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Finally seen "Finding Neverland". Great movie! Johnny Depp is fantastic, so to the young actor who plays Peter.

sucker4richond

Tiger Champion
Mar 4, 2004
Melbourne
Dyer'ere said:
I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back better LT77. But Dogma was good. Chasing Amy was my favorite of the K.Smiths.

i didn't thing jay and silent bob strike back had the same replay value that dogma had. its hardly the sort of movie you can watch over and over again now is it?
well maybe, but only for shannon elizabeth!

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
Redford said:
Anyone seen Collateral ? Not a bad movie. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan, but he's fairly good in this I have to say. So too is Jamie Foxx.

I thought Collateral was average, it just seems TC on his Japanese Zen Trip.

A great movie for the Holidays has to be "The Incredibles" a very good family movie.

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
Elektra was a lot better than I expected 3/5 stars.

DVD from Amazon [Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow] ships out next week, so that so be worth waiting for, as it does not start in Australia until 2 Feb 05.

Lastest DVD's watched The Phantom [Underrated Movie], Doctor Detroit [Shame the Sequel was never made] and Bad Santa [Badder Santa - US DVD version].

I am also borrowing a "Howard the Duck", I know it is Spielberg's worst movie but it is worth watching because it is so bad it is funny.

As for truely bad movie my vote goes to "Ator the Invincible". :D

TigerNutt

My Kids Hero!!
Jul 23, 2003
Just took the kids 2day to see Polar Express at The Imax well worth it. The train ride as they say awesome.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
TigerNutt said:
Just took the kids 2day to see Polar Express at The Imax well worth it.  The train ride as they say awesome.
Was Polar Express in 3D at the IMax ?

Saw if prior to Christmas and really enjoyed it. I will become a classic christmas tale.

If you want to see a great movie, go and see The Incredibles. It's totally awesome.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Got to agree on The Incredibles. The best thing Pixar have done and being a big Bond fan I loved the little nods to 007 films throughout it.
I've got all of Kevin Smith's films on DVD from Clerks to Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. The thing I like most about all of them is Smith himself as Silent Bob, he doesn't have to speak, his facial movements just break me up every single time.

TigerNutt

My Kids Hero!!
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah nwonash Polar Express was in 3D I reckon it was brilliant I had this lady next to me shitting herself when the train ride was happening and also my 5 yr old daughter was trying to reach out and touch things. Really enjoyed it.

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
I saw the Incredibles at outdoor cinema in Wilson's Promontory. It was my favourite of the pixar animations so far, and I tend to follow them pretty closely. The office scenes were truly brilliant, as was the designer character.

Superb. 4.5/5
:D

Dec 20, 2004
Yarraville
Saw the The Ramones Documentary and it was very good.

Did not realise that Dee Dee Ramone left the band to start a rap career or that Johnny Ramone was such an utter bastard...

Yes a rap career!!!!!!

8/10 Great