Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
I saw that book turned movie "A series of unfortunate events" with Jim CArrey. It was okay. Jim Carrey plays his role very well.

It isn' the best children's movie. It is a bit gloomy :(

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
Ghost Who Walks said:
QueenC said:
I think the release date was pushed back a couple of times, until after the Christmas rush, by the distributor (UIP).

It is usually something to do with not wanting to have too much competition for the film. It only made $40million in the states (released in September) and has an international gross to date of just under $50 million.

They probably thought, for better or worse, that it would not stand up against The Incredibles and Meet the Fockers during the Christmas rush.

I'm not sure but I could find out, if you like?

That would be appreciated, thanks for that.   :help

Ghost who Walks, I spoke to UIP today and asked about the delay in release and she said that it had been pushed back until after the Christmas rush (was going to be released in early December), due to the fact that it had under-performed in the US and they did not want it to be exposed to the bigger films here at the biggest time of year.

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
QueenC said:
Ghost Who Walks said:
QueenC said:
I think the release date was pushed back a couple of times, until after the Christmas rush, by the distributor (UIP).

It is usually something to do with not wanting to have too much competition for the film. It only made $40million in the states (released in September) and has an international gross to date of just under $50 million.

They probably thought, for better or worse, that it would not stand up against The Incredibles and Meet the Fockers during the Christmas rush.

I'm not sure but I could find out, if you like?

That would be appreciated, thanks for that. :help

Ghost who Walks, I spoke to UIP today and asked about the delay in release and she said that it had been pushed back until after the Christmas rush (was going to be released in early December), due to the fact that it had under-performed in the US and they did not want it to be exposed to the bigger films here at the biggest time of year.

QC

Thanks for your effort, much appreciated.

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
I just finished watching the movie "Cellular" on DVD [Release date: 10/2/2005] http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/movie/891.asp

Not a bad movie, very formula driven but watchable, better than I expected.

It did not change my opinion of Kim Basinger as an actress [she can not act], maybe it was me but at no time did I feel any empathy with Kim Basingers character.

:rofl :rofl.5 out of :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
i saw million dollar baby with clint eastwood in it it was very good but i don't think suitable for kids
not in the way of swearing as i don't think i heard any but the blood from broken noses etc as it was a womens boxing fight movie with a sad ending .

it mad you laugh and cry and be angry :clap :afro :beer

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
i saw fight club for the first time ever last week. it was very good, i like movies that do your head in

bear

ohh yeh
Jan 30, 2005
Melbourn
two of the funniest crime movies i have ever seen are lock stock and two smoking barrels and snatch

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Have any of you guys seen Vanilla Sky?Man,that film traumatised me badly for some reason.Too close to home maybe.

Butterfly effect was kind of disturbing too.

Actual horror films don't disturb me in the least.

I think it's my mispent youth coming back to haunt me. :-X

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Very cryptic Curtis.I respect that.Have a lamb korma.

you gotta lose the bear though or at least find a tougher one.

People are starting to talk...

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
Let 'em talk, I say, Evo. But you distract 'em while I choose a less homo alternate avatar. :p

I've found pictures of a gigantic bear, but it's a bit gory and probably not suitable. I'll look for something the fits the avatar criteria.

Back soooooonnnn.... :blah

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
there ya go http://www.christmas.com/images/repository/41.jpg

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
I saw the MALTESE FALCON at the cinema last night, and best of all the had proper Choc Tops [Blue Ribbon Icecream], not those crap ones you get from Hoyts! :cutelaugh

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just saw "Touching the Void" on DVD. Awesome Doco. Based on a true story. Inspiring tale of two mountain climbers journey of survival. Better than it sounds. Well worth the watch I thought. Best DVD I've seen in a while. :thumbsup

Curtiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 26, 2004
Moreland, Melbourne
Well break out the crayolas and colour me tickled pink, TofO. I'm watching that in outdoor Ed. Haven't seen it all yet, but it is indeed a captivating story. I think Simon (or Joe) is making his way over the rocks on his broken knee joint at this stage.

Say no more!

:blah