Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Curtis E Bear said:
I saw the Incredibles at outdoor cinema in Wilson's Promontory. It was my favourite of the pixar animations so far, and I tend to follow them pretty closely. The office scenes were truly brilliant, as was the designer character.

Superb. 4.5/5
:D
Must've missed something there. Nemo still best Pixar for mine. "Human" characters a bit too familiar for my liking. Still good though. They just have set such a high benchmark.

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
Anduril said:
Anyone seen Alexander yet?

Am waiting till school goes back to see the Incredibles.

Alexander is long and slow.

Angelina Jolie sound like a Russian Cossack rather than a Greek

I am waiting to see SKY CAPTAIN & THE WORLD OF TOMORROW. :spin

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
Anduril said:
(Don't let the Macedonians hear you call the Big A a Greek)
Any good eye candy?

Angelina Jolie who plays Alexander's Mother was not a Macedonian but a Greek....

Lots of Muscles so that should help you for EC.

The Big A seems to have a lot of long looks and embraces with his favorite boys.

Wait for it on video/dvd rental as it is a really badly made movie.

The DUD of the year so far.

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Wasn't aware of that, thanks.
Thanks for the tip. Will wait for the DVD, in the meantime I can watch Troy if i feel the need for EC. >:D

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
Ghost Who Walks said:
Anduril said:
Any good eye candy?

Angelina Jolie who plays Alexander's Mother was not a Macedonian but a Greek....

The Big A seems to have a lot of long looks and embraces with his favorite boys.

Totally agree with you there Ghost who Walks,
I have to watch most films for work. I review them and I got to tell you Alexander was simply awful.
Long, slow, wildly historically inaccuarte. It was simply violance punctuated by lengthy speeches It should have been a spectacle but will end up being an overblown Hollywood misfire. Sorry!!!

Films worth seeing at the moment or coming soon include The Aviator, Closer, Ray and Million Dollar Baby.
All of them are worth spending some money on. Enjoy ;D !!!

P.S. Ghost Who Walks - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, is great I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Just saw "sideways"....not a big indy movie fan, but this one was not bad. Throws a few things in here and there just when I thought it might be starting to drag. Don't see it if you are offended by male buttocks ;)
Would recommend...although wont lose much in transition from big screen to home viewing....

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
QueenC said:
Ghost Who Walks said:
Anduril said:
Any good eye candy?

Totally agree with you there Ghost who Walks,
I have to watch most films for work. I review them and I got to tell you Alexander was simply awful.
Long, slow, wildly historically inaccuarte. It was simply violance punctuated by lengthy speeches It should have been a spectacle but will end up being an overblown Hollywood misfire. Sorry!!!

Films worth seeing at the moment or coming soon include The Aviator, Closer, Ray and Million Dollar Baby.
All of them are worth spending some money on. Enjoy ;D !!!

P.S. Ghost Who Walks - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, is great I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I will see cellular next week with Kim Basinger, should be interesting.

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
Ghost Who Walks said:
I have seen SC&TWOT, just waiting to see it on the big screen as it should be seen.  :clap

Sky Captain is worth the wait, it is quite spectacular and original. Enjoy ;D !!!

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
QueenC said:
Ghost Who Walks said:
I have seen SC&TWOT, just waiting to see it on the big screen as it should be seen. :clap

Sky Captain is worth the wait, it is quite spectacular and original. Enjoy ;D !!!

Sky Captain is now available on DVD in the US, I got it from Amazon :partyfest

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
I wish I was the industrious  ;) ;D !!!
But as you said it is a large scale film and cannot be fully appreciated until viewed on the big screen.
I really enjoyed seeing it at the movies, with its old world feel. Great fun!!!

QueenC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 16, 2004
Sydney
I think the release date was pushed back a couple of times, until after the Christmas rush, by the distributor (UIP).

It is usually something to do with not wanting to have too much competition for the film. It only made $40million in the states (released in September) and has an international gross to date of just under $50 million.

They probably thought, for better or worse, that it would not stand up againt The Incredibles and Meet the Fockers during the Christmas rush.

I'm not sure but I could find out, if you like?

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra
QueenC said:
I think the release date was pushed back a couple of times, until after the Christmas rush, by the distributor (UIP).

It is usually something to do with not wanting to have too much competition for the film. It only made $40million in the states (released in September) and has an international gross to date of just under $50 million.

They probably thought, for better or worse, that it would not stand up against The Incredibles and Meet the Fockers during the Christmas rush.

I'm not sure but I could find out, if you like?

That would be appreciated, thanks for that. :help

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
i saw elektra the other nite, and it was crap. i didnt have to pay, but i still wanted a refund.

best movies i saw this past year were hero, dodgeball, team america, and one perfect day i thought was very underrated.