Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Platinum member said:
Seriously? How had you dodged it all
These years? Did you already know the ending?
Funny thing Pm is I’ve had it for years on DVD , but watched it on Netflix and the other funny thing is I nearly turned it off when I saw it was Stephen King at the start. No I didn’t know the end , actually knew nothing about it except it had one all the awards , while I was watching it the young bloke came in and told me bits that happened because he had seen it on family guy :D. Great movie definite top 10 for me

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Platinum member said:
Seriously? How had you dodged it all
These years? Did you already know the ending?

It's one of those long movies that you keep postponing....."oh not now, haven't got the time...later, later"

Great film.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
tigertim said:
Finally got to see The Disaster Artist and loved. Read the book it was based on a few weeks ago.

Just watched it today - excellent film. What's the book like cause the books tend to be better than the film.

I am still feeling uneasy so the film has had an effect on me.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
year of the tiger said:
Just watched it today - excellent film. What's the book like cause the books tend to be better than the film.

I am still feeling uneasy so the film has had an effect on me.
The film followed the book pretty well. For me the main difference waas that in the book Greg almost hated everything about Tommy.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
craig said:
Funny Thing is Chucky Cheese is that its actually on tonight man you can watch it again ;)
On my search too see what channel is national lampoons vacation on ,I had a laugh when I noticed it was on ;D

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CC TIGER said:
On my search too see what channel is national lampoons vacation on ,I had a laugh when I noticed it was on ;D

"Holiday roooo-oooo-oooad, holiday roooo-oooo-oooad..." ;D

Current remake of that film is, as usual, complete garbage.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
TigerForce said:
"Holiday roooo-oooo-oooad, holiday roooo-oooo-oooad..." ;D

Current remake of that film is, as usual, complete garbage.
The remake was of Vacation not Christmas vacation.

I watched Christmas again with the girl and wife the other day and i realised Christmas wasnt that funny (apart from U ncle Eddie!)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigertim said:
The remake was of Vacation not Christmas vacation.

I watched Christmas again with the girl and wife the other day and i realised Christmas wasnt that funny (apart from U ncle Eddie!)

I know. Only Vacation and European Vacation are funny. Christmas and Vegas weren't.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
One film where my eyes lit up already (maybe due to about 1,000 promos today on the ESPN channel.....geez, every 10 minutes :hihi) is 'All the money in the world'.

As it's about a true story of a selfish tight-arse, whoever's seen it already, can anyone tell me if the plot is based more on drama than crime?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigers of Old said:
The Jumanji reboot was a lot better than I thought it would be. Great escapist fun & reminded me of some adventure movies of times past.

Agree. Went with the kids expecting to have a good nap but ended up enjoying the movie. The Rock is turning into this generation's Stallone / Arnie, but is actually a better actor than the other two.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
The Grearest Showman wasn’t as good as I thought it’d be.

2 songs were ok but they mostly all had a sameness about them.

And making a movie about being different and how we should embrace it but then have non disabled people made up with disabilities. And the one person of short statue had all his scenes where walked CGI’d! Bizarre.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Baloo said:
Agree. Went with the kids expecting to have a good nap but ended up enjoying the movie. The Rock is turning into this generation's Stallone / Arnie, but is actually a better actor than the other two.
Saw Snitch the other day, thought he was pretty good in that. His said to be a very good human being

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I, Tonya is great. Margot Robbie is superb as Harding, Allison Janney is even better as the mum.

That and Three Billboards probably the two best of the season IMO. (Haven't seen Molly's Game or The Post.)

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
scottyturnerscurse said:
I, Tonya is great. Margot Robbie is superb as Harding, Allison Janney is even better as the mum.

That and Three Billboards probably the two best of the season IMO. (Haven't seen Molly's Game or The Post.)

Keen to see Three Billboards, have you seen it?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Baloo said:
I like Johnson, have for years. Personally felt Jack Black kind of stole the show from him in Jumanji.