Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Baloo said:
Agree. Went with the kids expecting to have a good nap but ended up enjoying the movie. The Rock is turning into this generation's Stallone / Arnie, but is actually a better actor than the other two.

Same. I thought I'd either sleep or have the 7 year old on my knee scared. Neither happened. My kids ages range from 12 to 7 and it's getting difficult to find a movie that they all enjoy. They loved this and I was pleasantly surprised with it

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm pretty over the marvel films genre so is Infinity War as good as it's being cracked up to be but the Holloywood hype machine, or is it just a pot pourri of all those ideas we have seen countless times before?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hollywood is out of ideas and expression everything is a money grab re make after re make but with a modern PC twist.

Cant remember the last time i went to the Movies, all garbage in the most part.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
craig said:
Hollywood is out of ideas and expression everything is a money grab re make after re make but with a modern PC twist.

Yep, i think this will go down as a poor period for Hollywood. If youre not into big budget, overblown mega movies then theres precious little else.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
craig said:

British films and series are the best. Hollyweird died years ago.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
I'm pretty over the marvel films genre so is Infinity War as good as it's being cracked up to be by the Holloywood hype machine, or is it just a pot pourri of all those ideas we have seen countless times before?

Both

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
tigertim said:
Yep, i think this will go down as a poor period for Hollywood. If youre not into big budget, overblown mega movies then theres precious little else.

I'm not into big budget, overblown mega movies and I reckon there is still plenty of great stuff being produced. From the past couple of years:

Three Billboards...
I, Tonya
Call Me By Your Name
Get Out
Captain Fantastic
Lion
Hidden Figures
Hell or High Water

Haven't included documentaries but streaming services have helped catapulted them into a golden era. Meanwhile, foreign movies are as good as ever.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
scottyturnerscurse said:
I'm not into big budget, overblown mega movies and I reckon there is still plenty of great stuff being produced. From the past couple of years:

Three Billboards...
I, Tonya
Call Me By Your Name
Get Out
Captain Fantastic
Lion
Hidden Figures
Hell or High Water

Haven't included documentaries but streaming services have helped catapulted them into a golden era. Meanwhile, foreign movies are as good as ever.
Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing I,Tonya (DVD release just now I think) and 3 Billboards.

Loved, Get Out, thought Hidden Figures was ok and I enjoyed Lion. Not saying there’s no good movies just that they’re few and far between.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
tigertim said:
Yeah, I’m looking forward to seeing I,Tonya (DVD release just now I think) and 3 Billboards.

Loved, Get Out, thought Hidden Figures was ok and I enjoyed Lion. Not saying there’s no good movies just that they’re few and far between.

In a way, they always have been. People tend to look back romantically about previous eras of cinema and think everything was great. However, they tend to only remember what they liked and forget all the other stuff.

But there's certainly an issue with blockbusters sucking up studio cash but fortunately when they hit the mark, the studios are using the cash to go off Broadway. A good case in point is Fox Searchlight, which is funded by 21st C Fox, but has made some of the best films of the past 20 years, few of which have made much money.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
'Breath' - local coming of age flick (Tim Winton book) set around the surf beaches during the 70's. Being of that vintage - loved it.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
bigwow said:
Keen to see Three Billboards, have you seen it?

Great film. Hard to categorise. I always love Sam Rockwell and he is up to his usual standard. Francis McDormand plays such an unusual part, brilliantly. Worth it.

On Sam Rockwell and fans or unfamiliar with him, there is a fun one with him and Anna Kendrick "Mr Right".

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Anyone here seen downsizing? F me... what was a good easy light watch with a chance to be not a bad little film just turned to shizen and went totally weird and dark about 40 minutes in.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Platinum member said:
Anyone here seen downsizing? F me... what was a good easy light watch with a chance to be not a bad little film just turned to shizen and went totally weird and dark about 40 minutes in.
Yeah, ended up being terrible. Like 2 different people wrote it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watched Bill Paxton's last film 'Mean Dreams' on the IQ last night. Really good indie. Sad to see him pass away so quickly after an operation.

< NRL | Golf >