Movies

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
scottyturnerscurse said:
At the Heart of Gold - doco about Dr Larry Nasser who abused hundreds of girls as doc for the US gymnastic team - is very good.
Where can we catch that Scotty?

E

easy_tiger

anyone see The Sisters Brother?

liked the book and want to catch the movie, but I can't find it around here

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
I only wish that was the end of the Avengers & Marvel altogether. What an overblown, boring, long winded, farewell to a bunch of side characters that we should care about that film was. Could have cut the length in half & nobody would notice.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
I only wish that was the end of the Avengers & Marvel altogether. What an overblown, boring, long winded, farewell to a bunch of side characters that we should care about that film was. Could have cut the length in half & nobody would notice.
I havent watched any of these movies, am happy to say.

Cant recall last time i went to the movies TBH, dont think Ive missed much either.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
mainlandy said:
Just saw it absolutely brilliant. Taron Edgarton was amazing as Elton.
Thanks mainlandy. Might buy some tickets. Looks like a must-watch. Just read he's not happy with some gay scenes been censored or cut out for the Russian release.

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
mainlandy said:
Just saw it absolutely brilliant. Taron Edgarton was amazing as Elton.
I thought it was pretty good & worth seeing. Brilliant a stretch. But I hope we don't see too many more music movies.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
TigerForce said:
Has anyone watched Rocketman?
Saw it last night. Preferred Bohemian Rhapsody for a couple of reasons, however, still a very good show. (Unlike Malik, Egerton actually does the singing!) He clearly had a troubled relationship with his parents - and drugs - which he had no problems laying bare.

The film did highlight the absolute genius of John and Taupin as a team.

And I learn that at one time, 1 in 20 records sold IN THE WORLD were by Elton John. Hard to comprehend - in an era of Stones, Zeppelin etc...

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I thought it was pretty good & worth seeing. Brilliant a stretch. But I hope we don't see too many more music movies.
Won’t be lining up for the proposed Boy George biopic?

I watched a very good biopic on sbs on demand the other day called Control which was about Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
lukeanddad said:
Saw it last night. Preferred Bohemian Rhapsody for a couple of reasons, however, still a very good show. (Unlike Malik, Egerton actually does the singing!) He clearly had a troubled relationship with his parents - and drugs - which he had no problems laying bare.

The film did highlight the absolute genius of John and Taupin as a team.

And I learn that at one time, 1 in 20 records sold IN THE WORLD were by Elton John. Hard to comprehend - in an era of Stones, Zeppelin etc...
Thanks luke. I've been a fan of Sir Reginald and his close mate Taupin since I was a kid. Loved just about every song they did. Must watch film for me.

I know Bohemian Rhapsody's bigger and Malek did a good job, but I still can't see the real Freddie I want to see or hear in that film.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Toy Story 4. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Biggest laugh I've had for a while. thumbs up.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Thanks luke. I've been a fan of Sir Reginald and his close mate Taupin since I was a kid. Loved just about every song they did. Must watch film for me.

I know Bohemian Rhapsody's bigger and Malek did a good job, but I still can't see the real Freddie I want to see or hear in that film.
I thought Rocketman didn't really work.

I found the musical nature of the production made it feel like a series of shorts rather than a coherent biography.

Even for a casual Elton John fan the liberties with detail were very prominent.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
Always Be My Maybe - patchy but kinda liked it. Definitely not Keanu's best movie but could be the movie where his acting skills are at their limited best.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Yesterday was great fun. Primarily because I got to listen to 10+ Beatles songs. Highlights for me - Back in the USSR and Help and a 'song-off' contest with Ed Sheeran, using Long and Winding Road was hilarious.

The idea is quirky, the writing was ~7/10, but the hero - The Beatles' music - is just fantastic. Those guys were just out of this world