Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“The Hustle” with Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway. Urrghh. Appalling, how did this get made? Not a laugh in sight.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Bombshell. Wow!

Charlize Theron knocks it out of the park. Lithgow, Robbie and Kidman also strong.

Bloody tough being a woman in the media.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Make take on Joker is you need to be slightly disturbed to get into it.

I thought it was great.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Joker is overcooked, but Phoenix is a super actor.
Watched 'Ad Astra' last night and got bored but it looked good.
Charlize Theron i can watch anytime.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bombshell's good, The Loudest Voice (Crowe miniseries) is better. More comprehensive, tells the Fox News story as well as the pig of a man story.

I caught up with Rocketman the other night, an exponentially better film than the paint-by-numbers Bohemian Rhapsody. I still can't believe Malik won the Oscar.

Ford v Ferrari is very good, Bale and Damon in top form.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Lighthouse is a trip. Surreal, psycho-dramatic two-hander starring Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson. Not for everyone.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Operation Odessa on Netflix. More documentary than movie but well worth watching. Interviews the players involved in trying to source a Russian Submarine for the Colombian drug cartels.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Marriage Story is contrived, pretentious, and unrealistic. Typical Noah Baumbach shallowness masquerading as depth.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Just a nod to Terry Jones - Monty Python member passed away this week - a very clever and funny man

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Marriage Story is contrived, pretentious, and unrealistic. Typical Noah Baumbach shallowness masquerading as depth.
I “liked” it (as much as you can like a movie about divorce). If you’ve been through a messy divorce you can relate to it.

NB is hit and miss for me. “Kicking and screaming” is a great kids movie, “While we,re young” I loved, and whilst I thought The Meyerwitz stories was a a level below I still appreciated it.

But yes, the Life Aquatic, Squid and the whale, Margot at the wedding and Greenberg ....zzzzzz.

Reactions: 1 users