Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It's totally irrational. I didn't buy Benedict, had read the book, which I didn't like, and think that Jesse Plemons was perfectly cast for BB and the Black Mirror ep but nothing else.

Yet I was a bit unfair. The score is amazing, the cinematography is great and Campion makes the best of a slow-burning drama.

But it was too long, which is becoming a feature of Netflix films.

Anyway, can see why critics love it and I thought it was better second time around but didn't do a lot for me. More of a personal thing than anything technical.

I watched it and really can't see the appeal. The plot was slow moving and predictable, the characters are one dimensional and it was bleedingly obvious from the beginning why the Cumberbatch character was the way he was. I don't like being bored by a film so didn't bother watching again.

Been buying Bogart movies on Blu-Ray of late, I just love the way his characters, in the better films, are neither good nor bad, they are multi-dimensional and complex. A huge contrast to Power of the Dog, films that make you question the main character played by the leading actor.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's totally irrational. I didn't buy Benedict, had read the book, which I didn't like, and think that Jesse Plemons was perfectly cast for BB and the Black Mirror ep but nothing else.

Yet I was a bit unfair. The score is amazing, the cinematography is great and Campion makes the best of a slow-burning drama.

But it was too long, which is becoming a feature of Netflix films.

Anyway, can see why critics love it and I thought it was better second time around but didn't do a lot for me. More of a personal thing than anything technical.

it is slow but the payoff was great IMO. Thought BC was great, Plemmons just played the straight man. Dunst was good and Kodi Smit McPhee amazing.

Definitely not to everyone's taste though.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The Tender Bar and French Exit, 2 very dull and underwhelming films. Can't recommend.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watching Peter Jackson’s real life, 3 part doco on the making of the Let It Be album by the Beatles.

Simply staggering.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched “The Pledge” with Jack Nicholson last nite. It’s from 2001 directed by Sean Penn.

Fantastic mystery. Can’t recommend enough.