Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw Elvis today, enjoyed it very much. A bit slow to start with but when it gets to the ‘68 special and onwards really picks up. Austin Butler too really shines from the ‘68 special onwards. Yeah, there’s things you can complain about this movie (all movies that try and cover decades will always do the “this happened then that happened” and skim over parts) and it’s not til late in the movie til songs are sung in entirety (a lot of songs are only played in part) but overall quite satisfying.

Bummer ending of course…who knew hey?!
I saw it today. I actually really liked the front half but thought the back half became a bit more standard biopic fare & was a bit disappointing. Kind of followed Elvis' career. Austin Butler was good.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cry Macho with Clint Eastwood. Pretty ordinary, slow, dull, silly , predictable, badly acted, badly written. Not a great ending to Clint's career (he's 92!)

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
The Gray Man on Netflix. Bourne / Wick try hard.
Pretty dull with a few good scenes.
4/10.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“Me time” on Netflix. Mark Walberg and Kevin Hart. Horribly unfunny. Seems they thought just having 2 big names would suffice.

”Moonfall” on Binge. A throwback to the disaster movies of the 90s. A bland cast and what starts off as a cheesy movie just falls into a big bloated boring mess.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
“Me time” on Netflix. Mark Walberg and Kevin Hart. Horribly unfunny. Seems they thought just having 2 big names would suffice.

”Moonfall” on Binge. A throwback to the disaster movies of the 90s. A bland cast and what starts off as a cheesy movie just falls into a big bloated boring mess.

Time is too precious. I rotten tomatoes everything. Rarely watch a movie under 70%; unless a very high audience score.

6/29% https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/me_time_2022
36/70% https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/moonfall

(Edit) your reviews are on the mark it seems!

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Avoid anything with Kevin Hart is a good rule of thumb. He's about as funny as Hannah Gadsby.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Alien , my favourite movie ever probably..Just watched it the other night for the umpteenth time...
Still amazes me how a basic B movie plot was made into almost the perfect movie..pacing , atmosphere , set design ,characters everything top notch..
Still unnerves me after all these years , going to the loo after and feeling nervous glancing down the stairs wondering what might be lurking in the shadows..

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Alien , my favourite movie ever probably..Just watched it the other night for the umpteenth time...
Still amazes me how a basic B movie plot was made into almost the perfect movie..pacing , atmosphere , set design ,characters everything top notch..
Still unnerves me after all these years , going to the loo after and feeling nervous glancing down the stairs wondering what might be lurking in the shadows..
Though i feel sad i have never had the oppurtunity to see it in an actual cinema , maybe one day...
Ridley Scott's ability to have the mind do the work of special effects was masterful. Used every trick in the book to perfection.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw director Jordan Peele's 'NOPE' movie tonight.
I was a fan of 'Get Out' so was keen to see this on the big screen & it didn't disappoint.
Whilst nowhere near a perfect plot or film it was exceptionally well made, quite original & very entertaining.
That my son & I talked all the way home about it says a bit.
Recommended despite it's imperfections.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, starring Nic Cage as himself (and at times, himself).

Can't explain it. Would ruin it. Hilarious. Meta af.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Saw Hereditary the other night.

Wonderful horror film, and a masterful performance by Toni Colette.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Watched Picnic at Hanging Rock again the other day. The original version. Mirandaaaaa…Mirandaaaaa…..

Pretty obvious it was aliens.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Watched Picnic at Hanging Rock again the other day. The original version. Mirandaaaaa…Mirandaaaaa…..

Pretty obvious it was aliens.
Seen the original 1975 a few times but never really understood this film. Bit of a bore in fact as most of us were brainwashed believing it was a true story. Just a fantasy based on indigenous spirits more than anything else.