Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

This isn‘t gangster movie cool but I was in London for work a few years ago on the Strand and I asked someone “see over there? Why are people getting their photo out the front of Australia House? Are the Aussies?“

“No it’s the Gringotts Wizard Bank location from Harry Potter.”

Theres our tedious link to the Movie. But it’s a really beautiful building all the same.

1676552421415.png

1676552638499.png

Damb there you go, never been to London but also never knew Australia House was that bank in the film aye :D

1676552753932.png

Reactions: 1 user
But you've been then? :unsure: No Disneyland, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Farmers Market bump into Julia Roberts type stuff? ;)
Yeah been there. Last time was 2002. Long time ago now. I've got old photos somewhere in the garage....

The Banshees of Inisherin. Fecking brilliantly bleakly blackly funny and sad. Gleeson and Farrell, what a pairing. McDonagh, what a writer. The Irish, what can you say. The poetry and pain of life, it's in the blood.
I saw this and was drawn to it because it had so many connections to people involved with one of my favourite movies “ In Bruges” .
I thought the movie was good and it had all the black comedy of In Bruges but more black and less comedy.
Maybe that was deliberate but I found it a little too depressing.
It was “fekkin” brilliantly acted and filmed.

Reactions: 1 users
Where's all your Godfather film photos :D

I just finished the book 'Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli' a couple of months back, about the filming issues and locations they filmed at.

Best story was Al Lettieri - Virgil The Turk Sollozo's uncle was a rea life mobster, a capo in the Genovese family, and Lettieri took to lunch at his uncle's place Brando, James Caan, Morgana King [Don Corleone’s wife], Gianni Russo [Don Corleone’s son-in-law, Carlo], Al Ruddy [the film’s producer].

A few weeks later Pacino, police captain McCluskey - played by Sterling Hayden and Lettieri rock up to practice some lines at his uncle's/aunties place :oops:

View attachment 18081

View attachment 18082

View attachment 18083
They’re all (most) on SD cards. But I did take this one from a few weeks ago. See if you can guess what scene in the Godfather this is. Tip: it’s from Godfather 1.

I tend to take a lot of old building and subway shots and inside bars and things and compare them with old photos from back in the day. Get a feel for the history.

1676584341587.jpeg
1676584389334.jpeg

• Love
They’re all (most) on SD cards. But I did take this one from a few weeks ago. See if you can guess what scene in the Godfather this is. Tip: it’s from Godfather 1.

I tend to take a lot of old building and subway shots and inside bars and things and compare them with old photos from back in the day. Get a feel for the history.

View attachment 18093
View attachment 18094
The first pic is when Michael learns from the newspaper stand that The Don has been shot

• Love
Correct. Barzini.

I’ll have to delve into some of my older photos for some harder ones.
That guy dressed as a cop (who’s name I can’t remember) has a much bigger role in the book, groomed as Luca Brasi’s replacement. I don’t think he says a line in the movie.

That guy dressed as a cop (who’s name I can’t remember) has a much bigger role in the book, groomed as Luca Brasi’s replacement. I don’t think he says a line in the movie.
Interesting. Nope he has no lines in the movie.

1676590934528.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw this and was drawn to it because it had so many connections to people involved with one of my favourite movies “ In Bruges” .
I thought the movie was good and it had all the black comedy of In Bruges but more black and less comedy.
Maybe that was deliberate but I found it a little too depressing.
It was “fekkin” brilliantly acted and filmed.
Fair assessment. As great as it was, not one you'd watch twice.

Reactions: 2 users
agree on Banshees. Great film, but definitely not feel good. Is feel bad a thing? Its that.

Saw Amsterdam, flawed but interesting. The whole US fascist conspiracy angle actually happened, some shady tycoons wanted to overthrow Roosevelt and install a fascist dictatorship.

Saw Babylon. So bad its good. Its terrible, but entertaining at times and tedious at times. Completely over the top, massive budget, and completely unconvincing. You're watching it thinking jesus imagine the money and time it took to shoot this.

Yeah, Babylon. How can a film so frenetic be so dull. Damien Chazelle is the American Baz Luhrmann, only more camp. At least Baz has two good films. Whiplash was good, if overrated. La La Land was garbage. I can't decide if Babylon is worse. Might be.

If we were at the same party, someone would grab me and say, "Spook, you have to meet Damien!" And so I'd go over and he'd be holding court with a bunch of sycophants hanging off every rehearsed witty word, and I'd last two minutes, then I'd be off for a dance. Half an hour later I'd go to the bar and the *smile* would still be talking about how desperately passionate he is about the importance of art and I'd laugh and say out loud to no one, "Jesus Christ! Shut the *smile* up, you pretentious, derivative twat!"

Emporer's New Clothes. He's as original as an episode of Law & Order.

• Haha
Yeah, Babylon. How can a film so frenetic be so dull. Damien Chazelle is the American Baz Luhrmann, only more camp. At least Baz has two good films. Whiplash was good, if overrated. La La Land was garbage. I can't decide if Babylon is worse. Might be.

If we were at the same party, someone would grab me and say, "Spook, you have to meet Damien!" And so I'd go over and he'd be holding court with a bunch of sycophants hanging off every rehearsed witty word, and I'd last two minutes, then I'd be off for a dance. Half an hour later I'd go to the bar and the *smile* would still be talking about how desperately passionate he is about the importance of art and I'd laugh and say out loud to no one, "Jesus Christ! Shut the *smile* up, you pretentious, derivative twat!"

Emporer's New Clothes. He's as original as an episode of Law & Order.

Good rant. Impressive.

• Haha