Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watched a good movie tonight from 2010 called 'Never Let you Go'.
Excellent dystopian sci fi set in England.
Pretty depressing & haunting.
Despite that I really enjoyed it as it was different with good acting. Won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched “Air” the other day, loved it. Whilst it was simply about Nike signing Jordan I found it very interesting.

Watched “Tetris” (Apple) the other day, didn’t enjoy it. Whilst it was simply about getting the rights to the game Tetris back in the 80s I found it tedious and drawn out.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watched “Air” the other day, loved it. Whilst it was simply about Nike signing Jordan I found it very interesting.

Watched “Tetris” (Apple) the other day, didn’t enjoy it. Whilst it was simply about getting the rights to the game Tetris back in the 80s I found it tedious and drawn out.
Is Air somewhat like the book shoe dog tt?

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Is Air somewhat like the book shoe dog tt?
A bit. Ben Affleck plays Knight but he’s really a secondary character. Whilst Shoe dog is all about Knight and Nike “Air“ just focuses on signing Jordan. I think you’d like it.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ghosted (with Chris Evans) on Apple. Abysmal. Utter crap. So much bad green screen. Unfunny. And for an action movie incredibly dull.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
A bit. Ben Affleck plays Knight but he’s really a secondary character. Whilst Shoe dog is all about Knight and Nike “Air“ just focuses on signing Jordan. I think you’d like it.
Watched the doco Claydream, about the portland animation studios Will Vinton*. Eventually bought by Knight who's son worked there and took over as CEO.
Now called Laika studios.

*Will Vinton created the M&M characters

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Also watched the final game.
Very decent sports movie on the Spanish water polo team and the 92 Barcelona olympics

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Watched everything everywhere.
Loved it.
Inventive, fast and with heart.
And a little bit silly.
Whats not to enjoy?

Reactions: 4 users

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Saw John Wick 4 in IMAX a couple weeks ago. Recommend ear plugs, the sound is pumped up to insane levels, starting the very first second.
A bit of a drop off from the first three, but if you buy into the world completely then there isn’t much to complain about. Bigger scenes than 1-3, but stretches the believability a long way.
An amazing scene shot from above that we will start to see in a lot more movies moving forward. And a very fun driving scene in Paris.
I love the entire JW world, the four movies have been an amazing bonding experience for my eldest son and I.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Saw Air. Enjoyable show. Good story, the 2 main characters, Sonny and MJs Mum are great. Some nice lines. When an alternative to MJ is being spruiked to Sonny by another Nike exec he says 'I think he'll have a great career, in Serbia'.

Also don't want to give it away but MJs Mum's negotiating the deal with Nike is a highlight.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If you like The White Lotus you'd probably like black comedy, Triangle of Sadness.

Not a perfect film but had some good original ideas, a few laughs & worth the watch.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Watched The Contractor with Chris Pine the other night. Half decent thriller. 3 stars from David. 3.5 from Margaret.

If that is the one I think it is, enjoyed the movie up until the last 10 minutes. Stinksville from there!