Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Leading men are all one trick ponies. Good actors, but they pretty much do the same thing over and over again. Women and character actors are the best actors.
Exceptions, Christian Bale, joachim phoenix, but they have been both leading men and character actors, but their leading roles have shown a lot of range. Also they take risks which don't always come off, Nicholson, de Niro et al , while they can be very entertaining and great at times, they just do their thing, but also they don't do roles that wouldn't fit with their thing.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Exceptions, Christian Bale, joachim phoenix, but they have been both leading men and character actors, but their leading roles have shown a lot of range. Also they take risks which don't always come off, Nicholson, de Niro et al , while they can be very entertaining and great at times, they just do their thing, but also they don't do roles that wouldn't fit with their thing.

Hugh Grant is a perfect example of that. In all of his films he only really plays himself.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just noticed the original 1969 Til Death Us Do Part is showing on 9Gem tomorrow afternoon. Should I ?

Alf Gaaaaarnett.....you silly old moo!!
Loved his reading n pronunciation of the info label on the new fangled spray can way back when. Hairyarsehole instead of aerosol.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Loved his reading n pronunciation of the info label on the new fangled spray can way back when. Hairyarsehole instead of aerosol.
Funniest part of this series was always when everyone took the mickey out of him and the facial expressions he put on. Great performance from the late Warren Mitchell.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Hugh Grant is a perfect example of that. In all of his films he only really plays himself.

Can't agree with that.

In his early career, sure, but more recently he has broadened his scope imo.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Potential spoiler.. so stop reading if you wish.

I’d prefer others decide for themselves given the franchise is a nostalgic favourite but I wouldn’t recommend it.
They certainly try hard but some things are best left in the past. Harrison is too old for this role now. The female character I don’t care about. A couple of nice moments but I was a bit bored overall & this probably didn’t need to be made.
The series should have ended at no. 3.
Hollywood flogs another horse.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Potential spoiler.. so stop reading if you wish.

I’d prefer others decide for themselves given the franchise is a nostalgic favourite but I wouldn’t recommend it.
They certainly try hard but some things are best left in the past. Harrison is too old for this role now. The female character I don’t care about. A couple of nice moments but I was a bit bored overall & this probably didn’t need to be made.
The series should have ended at no. 3.
Hollywood flogs another horse.
Yeh, I saw it because the kids wanted to. Felt the same, just too unbelievable really, in both special effects and story line. And yeh the female lead is pretty meh.

The first instalment is an all-time classic. As you suggest should have stopped after 3.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw the new Mission Implausible 7 movie last weekend.

Pleased to report it was much better than the Indy flop.

Off to see Nolan's Oppenheimer on Thursday..

Got to see all these flicks at the movie theaters before the writers strike kicks in..

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yeh, I saw it because the kids wanted to. Felt the same, just too unbelievable really, in both special effects and story line. And yeh the female lead is pretty meh.

The first instalment is an all-time classic. As you suggest should have stopped after 3.
Agree that it should have stopped at 3.

Sad seeing Harrison Ford in this!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Saw the new Mission Implausible 7 movie last weekend.

Pleased to report it was much better than the Indy flop.

Off to see Nolan's Oppenheimer on Thursday..

Got to see all these flicks at the movie theaters before the writers strike kicks in..
Going to see Oppenheimer as well Thursday ToO.