Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Watched The Covenant a couple of nights ago, and wish I had undergone a testicular sanding instead!

Don't think there was anything good in it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Blade Runner Film GIF

41 years old today. Still as awesome as ever.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
With the new Indiana Jones movie about to be released I've been catching up on the Harrison Ford catalogue.
Has there ever been a more popular, less divisive movie star in our lifetimes? What a leading man.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Reality

I loved it. If you like political thrillers, most interesting film I've seen for a while. slow moving but gripping. True story of Reality Winner, (real name, only in America), who was jailed for leaking classified documents during Trump presidency. Great acting. Won't give anything away, but this is the closest thing you are ever likely to see to a true story, the dialogue, or script, is verbatim FBI transcripts.

Reactions: 1 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
If you like The White Lotus you'd probably like black comedy, Triangle of Sadness.

Not a perfect film but had some good original ideas, a few laughs & worth the watch.
Agree 100%, some fantastic parts and some flawed clunky parts, but all up a must see IMO

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
With the new Indiana Jones movie about to be released I've been catching up on the Harrison Ford catalogue.
Has there ever been a more popular, less divisive movie star in our lifetimes? What a leading man.
Han Solo, Indiana Jones and Rick Deckard. Say no more.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The Rewatchables podcast (which is great) have talked about this from time to time. Discussing the greatest modern day actor (i.e. post 1970) - Ford, Cruise, Hanks and possibly Nicholson.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Rewatchables podcast (which is great) have talked about this from time to time. Discussing the greatest modern day actor (i.e. post 1970) - Ford, Cruise, Hanks and possibly Nicholson.
Possibly Nicholson? Better actor than anyone since Brando.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Leading men are all one trick ponies. Good actors, but they pretty much do the same thing over and over again. Women and character actors are the best actors.

• Wow
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's a good debate. Not so much best but most popular.
Cruise & Hanks would be up there too I guess. DiCaprio?
Nicholson less so for me but each to their own. He's a brilliant actor though.

Agree it's a great podcast most of the time.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Leading men are all one trick ponies. Good actors, but they pretty much do the same thing over and over again. Women and character actors are the best actors.
Brendan Gleeson, there's an example of a superb character actor

Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
It's a good debate. Not so much best but most popular.
Cruise & Hanks would be up there too I guess. DiCaprio?
Nicholson less so for me but each to their own. He's a brilliant actor though.

Agree it's a great podcast most of the time.

Can't stand Cruise, over rated for mine.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just noticed the original 1969 Til Death Us Do Part is showing on 9Gem tomorrow afternoon. Should I ?

Alf Gaaaaarnett.....you silly old moo!!