Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Watched David Fincher’s The Killer on Netflix.

Not perfect but well worth the watch. Overall I enjoyed it.
Agree, bit of Bourne about it. Liked it. Brilliantly shot.

Watched the latest Indiana Jones movie tonight. I have no idea who it was canned so bad. Was true to form, miles better than the last one. Felt like it belonged. Really liked it, one of the best I’ve seen this year.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Dark Waters - story of the DuPont cover-up of the use and dumping of C8 - a chemical used in Teflon, Scotchguard, etc etc ...

and one mans fight to make them answerable to the health problems it caused ..

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just noticed Out Of Season is showing on 9GEM next Monday......geez...teenage memories....late at night...VCRs....:))

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Certainly have but just not this film.
Arrived home late from a party one night 30+ years ago, switched on TV to wind down before heading to sleep and noticed this film at ~ 1:00am (I think on Channel 9).....it looked boring and talkative with Cliff Robertson travelling to the UK to find a lady he once flirted with (Vanessa Redgrave) who lives with her young daughter Susan George. As soon Susan George got involved, it was worth staying up to watch some of her.... saucy scenes. One scene reminded me of the 1982 GF.....:))

• Haha

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I feel like the Grinch of the movie thread buuut...

Wish I didn't give John Wick 4 a go, just baaaaaaaaaad! And to think, Keanu could have gotten Constantine 2 done! *sighs*

Next in the bin is Netflix's Rebel Moon. While the main chick is gorgeous, the story, plot, everything else was very sub-par, which is a bloody shame as Cilian is tops, but nothing could save this bucket-of-vomit!

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Really enjoying this Brazilian TV series
"Criminal Code", my Portuguese is not the best aye so subtitles help :LOL:

That's two Brazilian TV series I've enjoyed recently - "3%" - a dystopian series and "Criminal Code" - about federal police on the Brazil/Paraguay border. Watched both on Netflix.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Arrived home late from a party one night 30+ years ago, switched on TV to wind down before heading to sleep and noticed this film at ~ 1:00am (I think on Channel 9).....it looked boring and talkative with Cliff Robertson travelling to the UK to find a lady he once flirted with (Vanessa Redgrave) who lives with her young daughter Susan George. As soon Susan George got involved, it was worth staying up to watch some of her.... saucy scenes. One scene reminded me of the 1982 GF.....:))
She was in Mandingo :eek:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Saw Wonka tonight.
Thought it was a pretty decent effort TBH & a nice nod to the original & best.
Eons better than the Depp debacle.
Enjoyed it.
Seems pretty solid on the review website too.

IMDB 7.3 (anything over 7 here usually pretty good).

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Leave the World Behind, on Netflix. Stars Julia Roberts, Ethan Hawke and Mahershela Ali, with a Kevin Bacon cameo. Pretty good (apart from the deer).

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
IMDB 7.3 (anything over 7 here usually pretty good).
Except for Tar.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Leave the World Behind, on Netflix. Stars Julia Roberts, Ethan Hawke and Mahershela Ali, with a Kevin Bacon cameo. Pretty good (apart from the deer).
By far the dumbest movie I've seen all year.

Director thought they could create tone by just spinning half the shots sideways and randomly doing slow zoom ins.

The score just screeches with violins constantly, specifically telling the audience that it's supposed to be tense, which manages to both lose and tension and irritate. The cinematography and score together felt somewhere between an homage and a parody of Hitchcockian thrillers, though failed at both.

The writers couldn't decide on a villain, so handwaved that it was probably all of the America hating countries, or just none of them with the barely concealed subtext that technology is the real baddy. They were literally attacked by semi sentient Tesla's.

The pacing was all over the shop. You could cut it 45 minutes and not lose any plot or character development.

The characters were barely human. Teenage girl is sad cause no one listens to her. Dad is dopey to the point of brain dead. Mum seems to be in a committed relationship, comes out hard racist then suddenly decides she wants to sleep with the dude she thought was lying to her so he could touch up her daughter. That dude seems to barely care that his wife has died and seems weirdly intent on helping a family who rented his airbnb for no reason. Teenage boy is teenager. Pervs on teenage girl (rear window vibes). Gets high dose radiation poisoning and only concern is failing to masturbate.

'Masturbatory failure' is a pretty good description of the whole film actually.

And yeah. The Russians/Koreans hacked the deer to make them converge menacingly on this one particular family. Though this was their 'the birds' moment so I suppose necessary.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Director thought they could create tone by just spinning half the shots sideways and randomly doing slow zoom ins.

The score just screeches with violins constantly, specifically telling the audience that it's supposed to be tense, which manages to both lose and tension and irritate. The cinematography and score together felt somewhere between an homage and a parody of Hitchcockian thrillers, though failed at both.

The writers couldn't decide on a villain, so handwaved that it was probably all of the America hating countries, or just none of them with the barely concealed subtext that technology is the real baddy. They were literally attacked by semi sentient Tesla's.

The pacing was all over the shop. You could cut it 45 minutes and not lose any plot or character development.

The characters were barely human. Teenage girl is sad cause no one listens to her. Dad is dopey to the point of brain dead. Mum seems to be in a committed relationship, comes out hard racist then suddenly decides she wants to sleep with the dude she thought was lying to her so he could touch up her daughter. That dude seems to barely care that his wife has died and seems weirdly intent on helping a family who rented his airbnb for no reason. Teenage boy is teenager. Pervs on teenage girl (rear window vibes). Gets high dose radiation poisoning and only concern is failing to masturbate.

And yeah. The Russians/Koreans hacked the deer to make them

And yeah. The Russians/Koreans hacked the deer to make them converge menacingly on this one particular family. Though this was their 'the birds' moment so I suppose necessary.
Massive spoiler below!

It wasn't the Russians or Koreans. It was Americans, trying to cause a civil war.