Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Took the better half to a great Korean film last week called Past Lives.
Warning it was a slow burn, romance film but had a lot of emotion past the usual Hollywood fare. I actually enjoyed it.
Good story helps.
Think I've got a thing for Korean movies now.

Korean movies are great! Here's a brief list you could check out

Recent

Decision to Leave - cop investigating a suspicious death gets involved with the widow
Burning - young delivery guy investigates disappearance of friend/girlfriend after they began associating with a mysterious rich young man

Classics

Old Boy - revenge/psychological thriller - absolute classic this one
Memories of Murder (same director as Parasite) - inept cops in rural town investigate a possible serial killer
Parasite (obvs)
Bittersweet Life - hitman is targeted by mob after sparing boss's mistress who was having an affair (intense)
The Yellow Sea - cab driver is commissioned to murder someone but does not complete the task - subsequently pursued by both the mob and the police (very intense)
The Chaser - ex-detective turned pimp realises someone is taking out his girls, must find the latest missing one and deal with the perpetrator (seriously intense film this one)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Recent

Decision to Leave - cop investigating a suspicious death gets involved with the widow
Burning - young delivery guy investigates disappearance of friend/girlfriend after they began associating with a mysterious rich young man

Classics

Memories of Murder (same director as Parasite) - inept cops in rural town investigate a possible serial killer
Parasite (obvs)
Bittersweet Life - hitman is targeted by mob after sparing boss's mistress who was having an affair (intense)
The Yellow Sea - cab driver is commissioned to murder someone but does not complete the task - subsequently pursued by both the mob and the police (very intense)
The Chaser - ex-detective turned pimp realises someone is taking out his girls, must find the latest missing one and deal with the perpetrator (seriously intense film this one)
Old Boy was wild - yanks made a much less impressive remake with one of those Brolin guys.

Reactions: 1 user

Recent

Classics

Parasite (obvs)
Agree Ant.

Just caught one of my all-time favourites, Bugsy Malone, on SBS on demand. First time I've watched it in a long time. Soooo good.

Reactions: 2 users
Just caught one of my all-time favourites, Bugsy Malone, on SBS on demand. First time I've watched it in a long time. Soooo good.

I tried to get my kids interested in Bugsy Malone so I could watch it again!
they didn't like it, but it's still pretty fun to watch

great film, splurge guns and those cars!!

Also a young Jodie Foster exudes star quality

great film, splurge guns and those cars!!

Also a young Jodie Foster exudes star quality
All that, plus the great songs and choreography, but the kid who plays Fat Sam steals every scene. Hilariously bombastic.

Terrible movie. Cringeworthy.

Mods, please ban these two. Bringing the site into disrepute. Thank you.

• Love
Speaking of classic films, anyone remember Johnny Dangerously?

The bad guy was a classic... something Maroni. You sons of a beeches.

Recent

Classics

Parasite (obvs)
Watched Broker the other day. Loved it.

Did anyone watch Reality which I recommended a while back?

Had the misfortune of watching The Equalizer 3 last night...

After really enjoying the first one, mostly enjoying the second movie, the third was bad, bad, bad, bad and bad!

Badly written. Bad plot. Bad character building, this was actually 100% trash! and, besides the gorgeous Italian village by the sea, badly shot; if you watch it, wait for the bit with the statues in the main badies house... urgh

Would have preferred that LoTR prequel.

Reactions: 1 users
Had the misfortune of watching The Equalizer 3 last night...

After really enjoying the first one, mostly enjoying the second movie, the third was bad, bad, bad, bad and bad!

Badly written. Bad plot. Bad character building, this was actually 100% trash! and, besides the gorgeous Italian village by the sea, badly shot; if you watch it, wait for the bit with the statues in the main badies house... urgh

Would have preferred that LoTR prequel.
It's always the way. They really should stop at the first movie. Perhaps one sequel. But that's it. A bit like Taken. Great first movie, progressively worse after.