Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

dmx said:
Phantom said:
Saw Sideways last Sunday night. Great film to see when in a niggly mood. Feel good film about wine tasting and relationships in the wine growing area of Southern California.

Apparently world sales of Merlot have plummeted as a consequence of derogatory remarks about it in the script of the film.

hey Phanto, i had a read of a review a few days ago, and it suggests that a town named Solvang gets a guernsey in it. Is this the case? Happen to roll into Solvang a couple of years back, one of those european settlement type towns in the heart of Cali.

Yep, Solvang gets a guernsey. I remember Solvang myself. It reminded me very much of the Barossa Valley.

Phantom said:
Apparently world sales of Merlot have plummeted as a consequence of derogatory remarks about it in the script of the film.

Yay, all the more for me!!! :rofl

Ms Tantie.
xox

Saw Constantine last night, was really querky, but we enjoyed it. Thought the devil was ACE >:D >:D >:D

Probably only recommend it to a Matrix/Blade/Hellboy sort of fan, which I am ;D

Good to see that you enjoyed Constantine TC :)
Yep, totally agree that the devil was portrayed brilliantly!

Saw The Life Aquatic with my wife last weekend. Made by the same director as The Royal Tenenbaums. Similar style, TLA probably not quite as good as TRT. Many funny parts in it. Murray, Houston, Blanchett, Wilson & Rosenbloom all perform well. Even a guest appearance from Bud Cort, remember Harold & Maude.

Certainly worth going to see on a night when you're looking for a good laugh.

Just saw Chronicles of Riddick, Vin Diesel's character from Pitch Black

Was a fantastic sci fi, reminiscent of Dune, well worth a watch

I'm waiting for Hich Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I loved that book and this time it looks like they may have done it right.

Hanging out for War of the Worlds, Hitch Hiker, Revenge of the Sith, and Kingdom of Heaven- lots of eye candy in that one perhaps, at least the elf is in it.
Btaman too, alittle darker than the other ones I hear.

I am about to go see the film 'Friday Night Lights' I'm looking for an opinion and description on the film if possible? :help

Ghost Who Walks said:
Sahara was good popcorn movie.
A cross between James Bond and Indiana Jones
Not bad all GWW. Borrowed from others a fair bit but not the worst I've seen. The two lead guys(McConaghy? and the other guy) worked well together I thought. Fun.

I'm looking forward to $3.

I've read a number of Elliott Perlman's novels and he tells a great story. He's a Melbourne boy, you know. And his stories really get inside the characters' minds. I hope the film is close to the book.