Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Hey there.
A movie thread! Now we are talking.
Having watched the Oscars last night, I must urge any movie fans to grab a film called Fail Safe, directed by Honorary Oscar recipient Sidney Lumet.- this film puts Dr Strangelove to shame.

Also, if you get a chance, check out 'Cat People' (I know it was on ABC a few weeks ago)- for a B grade film it isnt too bad.:)

A complete list of my favourite films by each year can be found at www.lastmovielines.com

Rhett Bartlett

rbartlett said:
Hey there.
A movie thread! Now we are talking.
Having watched the Oscars last night, I must urge any movie fans to grab a film called Fail Safe, directed by Honorary Oscar recipient Sidney Lumet.- this film puts Dr Strangelove to shame.

Also, if you get a chance, check out 'Cat People' (I know it was on ABC a few weeks ago)- for a B grade film it isnt too bad.:)

A complete list of my favourite films by each year can be found at www.lastmovielines.com

Rhett Bartlett

aaah Rhett, is there anything he can't do? ;)

Has anyone seen Constantine yet? Mrs TC wants to see it but has been, in her words "a bit poorly"

The reviews are not terribly good, but they never seem to be on movies I enjoy anyway.

Margaret and David only gave it 1 vote each tonight.

Hope Mrs TC gets better soon. Still trying to work out how to email the chicken soup to her! :thinking hey, I'm on Candid Camera!

They both didn't like it? Oh dear, thats not a good sign.

You could send me a picture of soup, she would like that.

TC said:
Has anyone seen Constantine yet? Mrs TC wants to see it but has been, in her words "a bit poorly"

The reviews are not terribly good, but they never seem to be on movies I enjoy anyway.

I saw it last sunday, pure popcorn movie.

Not bad for an action flick as long as you do not worry about the plot.

Plot? Whats that? Sounds just what we need, action flick popcorn cyber soup, soon have the boss lady back to normal

cheers guys :beer

Saw Constantine last night....personally I rated it, although not a fast paced film it had enough to keep me interested. Keanu is a cross between Mr Anderson and a priest, pretty weird. Thin plot, basic dialogue...pretty much a popcorn no brainer....I like it ;D
Got home and saw the movie show only gave it one star each....now who do we believe :-X
Good movie, but wont lose a lot going to DVD.....

While on the subject of Oscars [?] did anyone catch the excellent docu on Howard Hughes?

SBS screened it on March 1th [now officially permanent February 29th according to Mrs Roar's new edict].

I have read bits and pieces about the old fellow over the years but this was amaaaaazing. Sorry for that but for some reason I am having these relapses into Tim & Debbie Land.

A big :clap for SBS. Oh, wrong thread. :-[

P.S. as to that March 1th/Feb 29 thingo - that's only for "ordinary" years, there will be a March 1th in Leap Years. Sorry to all those whose birfdays are March 1th, guess you won't have as many from now on but, hey, you won't age as quickly!

Gald you enjoyed the Film Roar- off to buy a Harley now?
I miss Tim and Debbie........
Didn't watch the Hughes doco as I've just seen Aviator and read a lot about him in the last few weeks, am outHughesed ;)

Saw Sideways last Sunday night. Great film to see when in a niggly mood. Feel good film about wine tasting and relationships in the wine growing area of Southern California.

Apparently world sales of Merlot have plummeted as a consequence of derogatory remarks about it in the script of the film.

Phantom said:
Saw Sideways last Sunday night. Great film to see when in a niggly mood. Feel good film about wine tasting and relationships in the wine growing area of Southern California.

Apparently world sales of Merlot have plummeted as a consequence of derogatory remarks about it in the script of the film.

hey Phanto, i had a read of a review a few days ago, and it suggests that a town named Solvang gets a guernsey in it. Is this the case? Happen to roll into Solvang a couple of years back, one of those european settlement type towns in the heart of Cali.