Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Went to see "Phantom of the Opera" last night.
Very boring. Costumes and set were great, Minnie Driver as Carlotta a saving grace.
Didn't see it on stage so can't compare.
Luckily we went La P so the wine was nice ;)
Has anyone seen "Finding Neverland" yet?

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
I have seen it on stage (POTO) but unfortunately (?) have not seen it on the silver screen, so, like Andy, I also cannot compare. Although, a few mates and I are tossing around the idea of producing a TV show, like the movie show, but we review films before we've actually seen them, simply based on who is in it, what the ads are like, whether we like that sort of film etc etc.

Discuss,

Clay Bevan.

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
Haven't seen Neverland but looks like Depp is solid as usual. Saw is pretty good - lots of twists. Hero is movie of the year for 2004 for mine - visual splendour.

Clay the only people that would watch a show on you and your mates pointless opinions, are you and your mates. (and possibly a handful of your minions...)

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
paper tiger said:
Clay the only people that would watch a show on you and your mates pointless opinions, are you and your mates. (and possibly a handful of your minions...)

Untrue. These same "pointless opinions" are read by many PREnders here in the general section, and with the exception of my cousin Tom, I know nobody here.

I give Neverland 3.5 stars. Jonny Depp continues to surprise, and it looks as though he generates a real energy and screen presence. During this holiday season it is a perfect film to take the family to, as it appears to combine a moving true story with the unbridled enthusiam and limitless imagination of youth. In an age where 'Neverland' is tarnished by negative Michael Jackson inpired connotations, this film is, I believe, a breath of fresh air, allowing viewers to escape the drudgery of an unimaginative world, and find a degree of inspirational peace... if only for a few hours.

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
ClayBevan said:
paper tiger said:

Untrue. These same "pointless opinions" are read by many PREnders here in the general section, and with the exception of my cousin Tom, I know nobody here.

No stress Clay, just looking out for you so we don't have another ratings bomb on our hands (eg. Cooks)

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
Thanks Paper Tiger (P.T.... Petey),

But no need to worry about the ratings, the movie show will follow directly after the " Bevan&Bosley Smile Hour", so we should get residual viewers.

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
Sounds smashing Clay. Can I snaffle a 2-minute slot on your show to discuss the art of the movie poster? eg. did you know that a poster for Metropolis (the 1st full length feature film, 1926) sold recently for $356,000. With this brand of inane facts I could reel in the 75 - 100 age demographic quite significantly.

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
I can give you 1 minute 40 max (I'll have to take it out of my impressions section, where I imitate well know celebrities, Bob Hawke, Rhett Bartlett, Cossima DeVito etc)

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
It's a done deal. I'm keen to witness your Bartlett impression and further pleased you consider him a celebrity. Cossima though...

If you're out there 'Red-Carpet Rhett' give us a holler.

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
Rhett still has unfulfilled committments to the Tom Bosley lunch thread... gosh it must be 3 months since he promised to wander over there and say hello. But I'd be chuffed if he found the time to pop in here and talk movies/ television with Petie and Clay (Rhett's greatest fans, with Tom of course)

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004
Well Clay I think the Tom Bosely Lunch thread should take precedence. 40 odd pages and still going all guns blazing. I thought I saw Rhett floating around earlier handing out RFC facts and nostalgia - he must have ducked out the back door when you weren't looking. Those Bartletts are a slippery breed aren't they?

I think you are going to have to take the mountain to Mohammed and pop on over to Rhettrospective.

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
although with 600+ posts the lunch thread is pretty solid, it doesn't really need Rhett's help does it? He might just get lost in the pages...

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
ClayBevan said:
Rhett still has unfulfilled committments to the Tom Bosley lunch thread... gosh it must be 3 months since he promised to wander over there and say hello. But I'd be chuffed if he found the time to pop in here and talk movies/ television with Petie and Clay (Rhett's greatest fans, with Tom of course)

Hmmm I'm not sure I remember Rhett promising that Clay.In fact if my memory serves me correctly it was more like a slow backing to the nearest exit,mumbling .....errrr right... then quickly sprinting to his car.

I could be mistaken though.....

Wishiwazzaclohesy

Tiger Superstar
Aug 6, 2004
Who knows with that crafty old scamp Rhett Bartlett. Sometimes I feel like he is tickling me with one hand and stealing my wallet with his other hand (all cyber of course). I guess the best thing/ thang would be if he came over here, said a few words, made an eloquent and moving speech, helped me rid the GS of Cassady, and then we would all be happy. (except for Cass, who would have to go back to his other, non-cyber pastime, of walking Melbourne's streets asking the public to sign a petition telling Bert Newton his hair was 'past it')

Rhett, come here, we need you, we want you.

Discuss,

Clay Bevan

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Anyone seen Collateral ? Not a bad movie. I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan, but he's fairly good in this I have to say. So too is Jamie Foxx.

Reactions: 1 user

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Anduril said:
3.5 out of...?
Am looking forward to seeing Johnnny Depp again, v v cute.

The Roar household watched Chocolat last night.  That was the reason moi missed the Invasion of the Body-Snatchers as performed on PRE by a cast of 2 (?) 3(?).

Esmeralda says she would gladly knit a willy-warmer for Johnny D.   :-[

dmx

Formulating Intrinsic Mechanisms
Apr 21, 2004
For the ben stiller fans, caught a dvd the other night called "Duplex", its the "Money Pit" of the new millenium, with a twist. Great for a laugh.

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
Every movie I see with Johnny Depp in it, I cannot get 21 Jump street out of my head. I can't take him seriously. That show was crap even though I did watch it.