Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Unhinged. Pretty ordinary. Dumb storyline. Russell Crowe plays his part pretty well but a dumb, pointless, seen it before type of movie otherwise.
Yep, worth seeing Fat Rusty go nuts. Classic popcorn crime flick.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not just because i watch a doco about the director though
Not sure. Many reasons not to like a movie you used to like and no longer liking an actor/actress seems to be reasonable one. I can't watch House of Cards now due to Kevin Spacey for example.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I can listen to Roxy Music or The Smiths even though the singers are selfish Tory dicks. Mozart banged hookers. Led Zepp banged underage groupies. Picasso was a selfish narcissist. Stanley Kubrick bullied Shelley Duval to get that performance in The Shining.

Anyway, each to their own.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." - Ulysses Everett McGill.

View attachment 12569

For a pedo, Allen sure has been with a now-50-year-old for nearly 30 years.

It's just weird, that's all. A little creepy, if you want to run to that judgment on account of the age gap which he signposted as far back as Manhattan in 1979 (see above quote, I reckon).

Michael Jackson was a pedo but I'll never backball Off The Wall.

Anyway, tim, I told you not to bother with that A Rainy Day in NY garbage. And you're right, plenty of his fillums miss the mark or are overrated. Match Point was a piece of sh!t. Bullets Over Broadway, Annie Hall, Crimes and Misdemeanours, Midnight in Paris, Broadway Danny Rose, The Purple Rose Of Cairo, Hannah and Her Sisters are some of his better flicks.

I've never really got into his early screwball stuff. My Dad thought his early stand-up was hilarious.
I liked Match Point.

But for me, Woody’s zenith is Bananas, Sleeper and Love and Death, which as you say Spook, he sign-posted in Manhattan.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Covid has bit the movie industry hard. Started watching two absolute stinkers tonight on Prime & Netflix not even worth mentioning. Literally zero decent new content out. I miss good movies.

This is like watching a VFL game on TV and saying footy is crap. Go to the cinema. The Father is extraordinary. Promising Young Woman is a film that will be spoken about for decades. And when Quo Vadis, Aida? screens in Aus, go see it.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bullets over Broadway, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Manhattan Murder Mystery.

Of the newer stuff Match Point was ok, Rainy Day was ok except the ending, Wonder Wheel was painful. Blue Jasmine great, Vikki Christina Barcelona hilarious.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This is like watching a VFL game on TV and saying footy is crap. Go to the cinema. The Father is extraordinary. Promising Young Woman is a film that will be spoken about for decades. And when Quo Vadis, Aida? screens in Aus, go see it.
Looking forward to The Father.
I saw Promising young woman. I’d already forgotten it until you mentioned it.
Will check out the other.
Last film I saw at the cinemas was The Dry which was great.